Respected Contributor

Just wondering...A644021, lightweight hat, but probably a bigger box, still... $7.50 to ship.

I realize shipping costs, like EVERYthing have gone up in the past couple years, just was surprised on this item.

Some places the average is $9-12 dollars, so maybe the Q is not that bad. Although the $7 plus original ship cost to return has had me be very selective as to anything I purchase....I have to be sure, ie. not trying to get the right fit on jeans!

And dopey me...just bought two bathing suits and forgot to use the free ship code Q mailed me...ugh.  

Anyway, just noticing this is all...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ship Costs Going Up on Q?

I have also noticed this.  Seems on certain items it is $5.50 or $7.50 now.  Even HSN has some pricier shipping these days.  Another reason to not shop as much!  It's almost like they are sneaking it in here and there, so possibly we won't notice.......LOL.

Some items I can understand but some, like your very lightweight item, I don't get it.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal   Yes, I've noticed that too.  If something that normally would ship for free s on sale, now they tack a shipping charge on it, especially shoes.

Trusted Contributor

Someone FB asked Betty if it was $110 to ship a Valerie bench, and she said yes. 

H451047 crazy! 

Valued Contributor

Shipping hasn't gone up on Wayfair yet. Unless you are particular about having verdegris, birds and flowers, there are scads of very nice garden benches on Wayfair with FREE SHIPPINGI bought one with cats and vines 2 years ago, free s/h, it still looks perfect. 

Honored Contributor

Both the post office and UPS raised their shipping rates recently.

The higher rates are being passed on to the consumer.  I don't see it getting any cheaper.  It will continue to go up.  

Gasoline prices have gone up too along with turnpike and road fees.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Q ships soooo many items, just like other big time retailers, they get a huge discount rate on postage as a company.  This shouldn't be passed on to us considering the hefty price markups already.

Honored Contributor

@cheriere   Your thoughts are nice and sweet, but QVC is just like every other retailer.  They are in business to make money.

Their sales were down 5% last quarter and their operating costs went up $2.7 billion.

I doubt they're willing to eat the shipping costs.  It's just not gonna happen, or they will be out of business or filing for bankruptcy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Qurate Total Operating Expenses:

2022:  $14.15 billion

2023:  $10.32 billion

That's a decline of 27%.

Positive 2023 Operating Income:  $590 million

Source:  Qurate 10-K SEC Regulatory Filing

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Costs on everything just keep going up, up, up. Middle class are suffering big time with this economy. And, no the economy is not doing well. 

Those who live in the real world know it, I just ignore the people who are in denial because of lack of honesty and facts.