Honored Contributor

Re: Shingles (Zoster) Vaccine

On 11/17/2014 missy1 said:
On 11/17/2014 I am still oxox said:
On 11/17/2014 chrystaltree said:

I know several people who came down with Shingles long before they were 60; so, hubby and I had the vaccine when we were 50. Our insurance company paid even though their policy stipulated 60 and over.

My hubby had a case of shingles at 55, mild case, but it ruined a vacation. He got the shot soon after he recovered and our insurance company did not pay, we had it done at a local medical clinic and there was something with the paper work etc, so we ended up paying the full $300 out of pocket

My relative had the shot. Under age 60, costs $200. Insurance don't cover this.

We were told by our insurance that if he had shingles he could get the shot before 60 but there was some sort of complication as to where who he got the shot from

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:
On 11/16/2014 happy housewife said:
On 11/16/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Thanks dooBdoo for revisiting the latex allergy question which was covered by a very good link I had posted to HH.

Latex in Vaccine Packaging for those who missed it the first time!Wink

This is from 2011 - not exactly current information.

If you can find more up to date information, please post because I know you want everyone to be current on the latest latex in vaccine packaging information! ETA it says right on the page that its accurate from December 2012.

"The following table is accurate, to the best of our knowledge, as of December 2012."

The CDC had updated it for 2015 as well @JustJazzmom.

Still no latex problem with the Shingles vaccine @151949.   I hope nobody gets bad advice and is afraid to get the shot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The latest info table from the CDC re: latex in vaccines February 2015.

This link opens into a PDF file so when you see that window come up, click on it to read the table.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC8QFjAAahUKEwjq...

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I a 68.  The only vaccine I get is tetanus.  That is it. 

Honored Contributor

The one thing I really wanted was the shingles vaccine, because I know so many who have had it and went through h€|| with it. I got it last year. Flu shot a week ago, Previnar pneumonia about 6 months ago.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lotus wrote:

The same thing happened to me....it was very it chy. The i t ch went away before the mark...I don't remember how long it took.

It got smaller every day though.....maybe 10 days or so??? I put Cortaid on it.

***Stupid standards would not allow my post to save until I changed the spelling of ""i t ch""

Test:

itch

itchy

Yup. Worked for me. 

Respected Contributor

I have mixed emotions about the shot thing. i don't like the idea of getting chemicals injected. I have gotten flu  shots every year for many years and have not gotten sick, but I still don't trust the whole shot thing. Not sure what to do.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

The same thing happened to me....it was very it chy. The i t ch went away before the mark...I don't remember how long it took.

It got smaller every day though.....maybe 10 days or so??? I put Cortaid on it.

***Stupid standards would not allow my post to save until I changed the spelling of ""i t ch""

Test:

itch

itchy

Yup. Worked for me. 

She wrote that almost a year ago.  There are a whole lot of things you can type now that you couldn't before.  Probably could even type the actual word they were afraid of.  I've seen worse since the change.