Esteemed Contributor

According to Reuters former Israeli president Shimon Peres dies at 93 following stroke two weeks ago.

alav ha-shalom

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Shimon Peres passes at 93

May he rip

Esteemed Contributor

Shimon Peres, one of the last surviving pillars of Israel’s founding generation, who did more than anyone to build up his country’s formidable military might, then worked as hard to establish a lasting peace with Israel’s Arab neighbors, died on Wednesday in a Tel Aviv area hospital. He was 93.

His death was confirmed by two people with direct knowledge who did not want to speak publicly until the family made an announcement. The family planned to address the media around 7 a.m. Israel time.

Mr. Peres died just over two weeks after suffering a stroke. Doctors kept him largely unconscious and on a breathing tube since then in hopes that it would give his brain a chance to heal. But he deteriorated as the nation he once led watched his last battle play out publicly and leaders from around the world sent wishes for his recovery.

As prime minister (twice); as minister of defense, foreign affairs, finance and transportation; and, until 2014, as president, Mr. Peres never left the public stage during Israel’s seven decades.

He led the creation of Israel’s defense industry, negotiated key arms deals with France and Germany and was the prime mover behind the development of Israel’s nuclear weapons. But he was consistent in his search for an accommodation with the Arab world, a search that in recent years left him orphaned as Israeli society lost interest, especially after the upheavals of the 2011 Arab Spring led to tumult on its borders.

More:  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/world/middleeast/shimon-peres-dies-israel.html?ribbon-ad-idx=5&src...

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

He will be missed. Rest in peace

Respected Contributor

A remarkable leader, peaceful man.  RIP.

Honored Contributor

Image result for rest in peace animated images

Respected Contributor

It's like having a beloved grandfather pass away.

Esteemed Contributor

He was a great statesman who did so much to try to bring peace to the Middle East. On a lighter note, he was a first cousin of American actress Lauren Bacall.

Respected Contributor

I had heard on the news he was sick, I didn't realize how old he was. I pray Isreal will find a great leader and peace be with them.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I did see he had been in a coma a while back and it saddened me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**