Trusted Contributor

Re: Sherri Shepherd court ruling

@ROMARY wrote:

'Still', I'm (only) thinking here...........If a person has to pay for child support, one would think that that person has some sort of right to see the child.  If not now, perhaps later, when everything is more settled, situation/lawsuit-wise.  Just doesn't seem right, to me, to pay for a child's support without being able to at least see the child, (making sure the money is being used in a proper manner for the child), maybe in the future.  Of course, I don't know much about the situation, and haven't read anything in depth.  It's just that something doesn't seem 'right' to me.  Can't pinpoint it, though.

Sherri DOES NOT WANT to see the child or have anything to do with him!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Every child should be wanted.  I hope that the father can/will make a loving home for him.  It almost seems it would have been better, in light of the situation, to have found a loving couple to adopt him when he was born. 

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Every child should be wanted.  I hope that the father can/will make a loving home for him.  It almost seems it would have been better, in light of the situation, to have found a loving couple to adopt him when he was born. 

But if what Shepard says is true about Salley, it wouldn't benefit him to allow the child to be adopted.  This way, Salley gets to have a two-fer....father plus benefits.  If he ever gets a job, that extra $4000 monthly from Shepard will increase his lifestyle quite nicely.  

I don't claim to know personally what actually happened between the two of them but I have followed this story from the beginning.  The only fact I know for sure is that he didn't work after they were married.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I think that Sherri Shepard does not want the child in her life because it would be a constant reminder that Salley made a fool of her.  He didn't work the whole time they were married and it is her belief that his plan was to do exactly like he did.  Supposedly, he was a writer, if I remember correctly.  Treated her well until he got the surrocacy going (Shepard's words).  I read where she stated that this is when he changed.  He is happy that she doesn't want anything to do with the baby.  He got what he wanted, a child and a check.  

I don't know if Shepard has a lot of gigs because she likes to keep busy or because she needs the money to pay 2 husbands and a child.  Hopefully, if she loses jobs, her child/ex-husbands support will lessen.  I'll be honest, from what I've read about Salley, he is a hustler.  I'm old school.  Big, able bodied men should work.  Maybe he does now but it would be recent employment.

It looks bad for a person to use another like this but, lol, woman have been doing it forever in show business.  Get pregnant, get a paycheck, only pretending to love a person.  I guess men have decided that if women can get away with it, so can they.

You've got it right .....  Lamar IS  a hustler and a con artist.    I'm no fan of Sherri's, but it's sad whenever women get conned by men.    (Or vice versa.)

Honored Contributor

I think it's elitist to to call SS uneducated because she did not graduate college. I know a few so called educated women and men who are stupid when it comes to relationships. I think when you make your living in the public eye you say and do things to keep people interested in you.

Honored Contributor

@baker wrote:

I think it's elitist to to call SS uneducated because she did not graduate college. I know a few so called educated women and men who are stupid when it comes to relationships. I think when you make your living in the public eye you say and do things to keep people interested in you.

Is it untrue that she didn't get an education?    So if she didn't get an education, isn't she uneducated?   What is "elitist" about factual information?

Frequent Contributor

I know not much about this case but I am guessing that this child is from his sperm and not her egg.  I can see how she would maybe not want to be involved with his child.and him when there was apparently so much friction causing the split.  It is sad but understandable.  Nevertheless the child didn't ask to be born.  God bless!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@baker wrote:

Is it untrue that she didn't get an education?    So if she didn't get an education, isn't she uneducated?   What is "elitist" about factual information?

@Tinkrbl44You are accurate, in the strictest sense of the word, but I believe the point being made, and one I was also attempting to make, is that education is obtained in many ways.  Sherri Shepherd may not have earned a college degree, but lack of a college degree does not equate to being UNeducated.  She has obtained education via experiences, associations, being someone who has lived to the age of 40 and being exposed to many things throughout her life - good and bad, yet all opportunities to learn.  I believe the elitist aspect comes from assuming the only way one is eductated, or has a worthy education, is if they hold a college or university degree in something, which is limiting and simply not true.  There are many successful people out there, business owners and such, who never attended college.

Honored Contributor

Women have been doing this to men for centuries. 

The ratio alone is staggering (women wanting the man, or the check, thus the baby, yes in that order). 

One in how many hundred thousand men do this and it gets blown out of purportion!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Women have been doing this to men for centuries. 

The ratio alone is staggering (women wanting the man, or the check, thus the baby, yes in that order). 

One in how many hundred thousand men do this and it gets blown out of purportion!

Hi,

I don't consider it blown out of proportion.  The victim in all of this is the child.  It's unfortunate that Sherri is an unlikable person but her ex is a con man and a snake.  

It's a sign of the times when people (not just the wealthy and famous) have to have employees, partners, etc. sign contracts in order to keep their lives private. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow