Honored Contributor

Re: Sherri Shepherd court ruling

Shepard might have gotten partial custody if requested but Sally would probably have fought it.  For sure he would have fought full custody.  The fact that he doesn't share expenses for the baby he, too, wanted, must mean that he has no money.  I don't know how that works but that's my thought about it.  I haven't heard whether the $4000 is including spousal support.  I'm only sharing my opinions.  I have no first hand knowledge about Mr. Sally.  Who knows, I might owe him an apology for all of my negative thoughts about him.

I've heard some of both sides and hers just seem more credible to me.  (Although both sides have some weird parts).  From his own mouth, he said that he wanted to take over her expenses during the marriage because she wasn't tracking her money properly.  Maybe he figured if someone was going to steal her money, it might as well be him, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I was so very disappointed in Sherri regarding this child's birth and her decision to abandon this poor baby.

The court did the right thing, but it is too bad it had to go to court in the first place.  This is so sad and heartbreaking.

My thoughts exactly @Carmie.  She may be required to pay, but she isn't required to have a relationship with the child, which is a shame.  Hopefully, the baby gets all the love and good upbringing they need from Lamar Sally and whomever he ends up with.  It really stinks, IMO.  Shepherd made the choice.  It's neither the surrogate's fault or the baby's fault that Shepherd and Sally were having marital problems and stupidly thought a baby would solve them.  I've lost all respect for Sheri Shepherd, for thinking she could just get out of the arrangement as if she were returning something to Wal-mart after changing her mind.  A shame indeed. 

I'm not sure Sherri is the bad guy here .......  I think Lamar saw Sherri as a meal ticket from Day One.    Having a baby with her and asking for custody is how he assures a continuous cash flow for years to come ..... but she didn't realize his motivation until it was too late.   (IMO)    

Let me first say I think Lamar is a bottom feeder but even if it were his complete and total idea she agreed to it and searched for the surrogate and according to the surrogate was very involved, even wanting to make sure she ate healthy, etc... I have no doubt at all that Lamar is a first class loser but Sherri is also one. She wanted that baby in the beginning and despite her feelings changing for Lamar, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the baby. While I had little respect for her in the beginning, I have absolutely NONE for her now. How anyone could do that to an absolutely innocent baby is beyond and tells me all I need to know about a persons moral compass. I am glad she has to pay. I feel sorry that this sweet little baby will have to grow up and know this happened. She is the biggest POS I have ever seen. I honestly don't know how she has one fan left. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

None of us have walked in her shoes.  We don't know what happened between her and Lamar.  He could have been a cheat, a liar, stolen from her,,,,we really dont know.  Whatever happened, it was bad enough for her to change her mind on tying herself to Lamar and a child which was not biologically hers. I'm not going to judge her.

Who cares? It still doesn't change the fact that she abandoned an innocent baby that she tried to bring into this world with vigor. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK