Honored Contributor

Sheldrick Wildlife Trust's newest addition

[ Edited ]

I really like the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.  There are a lot of elephant rescue teams out there.  Which is good.  But this one stands out to me.  They rescue baby elephants who's mother die of natural causes or poaching/human interference. They start out in the nursery for the really young ones.  Then later sent to a much bigger area.  There are two of these sanctuaries.  These are still depended elephants.  On occasions, wild herds move in.  They socialize with the orphans.  Gradually the orphan will join the different herds. After they join a herd, those that have babies, come back to visit & show off thie offspering.  So there constantly orphan and wild elephants socializing. People can adopt these orphans with a donation.  I have two little orphans.  Roho & Kaisa.

Here is the lasted one.

elephants 1.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sheldrick Wildlife Trust's newest addition

How precious!!!  Elephants are so wonderful.  The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee is one of my favorite charities too.  WWFund too.  I'm going to look into the Sheldrick you mentioned. Thank you for your care for elephants.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

How truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing!  Such magnificient animals.  Kudos to that rescue organization for perserving and protecting them.....🐘

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Oh goodness, they are adorable!