Respected Contributor

She wished it would happen to her

After working 12 hours the day before, I fell back asleep after my alarm went off this morning. I woke in the midst of a dream: my mother had walked into our [previous] kitchen where I was standing and kissed me on the cheek. She looked as she did 10+ years ago (before she had passed away almost 3 summers ago) and was wearing a pale lavender blouse I had given her. I woke up, skipped walking the dog, tied my hair in a pony rather than fussing with it, & left on time. I mentioned the oversleeping & the dream about my mom to a lady I work with (her mom had passed just over a year ago), thankful I wasn't late for work. She said she wished it would happen to her. I understood what she meant; my mom was looking out for me. I guess with Mother's Day around the corner, she's been on my mind more and I miss her more

Honored Contributor

Re: She wished it would happen to her

[ Edited ]

That's a beautiful dream, Desert Lily.  You had what is called a visitation from your mother.  These sorts of dreams occur rarely, so it is something to be treasured.  I don't know much about the nature of dreams, but each time I have been blessed to have such a dream, I rush to my PC to get some understanding of what is going on.  

Respected Contributor

It's called a Visitation when you dream of someone that passed. Usually they don't talk to you in the dream but when you get a visitation you remember the dream. How many dreams do you have & don't remember, visitations you always remember when you wake up. It doesn't have to be a family member just anyone you knew that passed will come in now and again glad you enjoyed seeing your Mom again & know she is with you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the so called visitation dreams on occasion too, the mind or brain is full of unimagined mysteries.

Respected Contributor

After my Daddy died, my Mother dreamed about him all the time. She said he never said anything, but he was always holding out his hands to her.  She was terrified to stay alone. She thought Daddy was coming for her.  She died 10 years after my Daddy so obviously he wasn't "coming for her."  

Honored Contributor

I had a visitation from my dog.She had a bad hip and had trouble getting down stairs before she passed.She also panted a lot at that time.I had fallen asleep on the couch and was awoken by her clumping down the stairs and then I heard her panting in my ear.I called her name and reached out to pick her up but she was gone.

Esteemed Contributor

What a nice dream to have. I lost my mom 40 years ago (this past January) She died young of heart disease. I have never had a dream about her in all those years and it always made me sad. I think of her every day for all those years. The only thing that did happen is, one time when my children were young, I fell asleep on the coucn and woke up to the sound of her voice calling me by my full first name. But that was it in 40 years. My dad passed away 8 years ago (this month), and I had a few dreams about him and those dreams made me feel like he was watching over me. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

After my Daddy died, my Mother dreamed about him all the time. She said he never said anything, but he was always holding out his hands to her.  She was terrified to stay alone. She thought Daddy was coming for her.  She died 10 years after my Daddy so obviously he wasn't "coming for her."  

@Georgiagrama  My grandma dreamed about my grandpa all the time once he passed away. At first it really bothered her too. She died about 12 years later.

Esteemed Contributor

I would be thrilled to have a visitation from my mother and father.  I miss them terribly, especially my father, I had a special bond with him.  Maybe if I think about them real hard they will hear me and  know I need to hear from them.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Just remember it's ok to pray to them for help with a problem you have instead of praying to God. I do it all the time figured God has enough going on & my family/friends know what is going on with me. Some never have a visitation from decreased members that's fine too. DH only had 1 from his Mom but he has them from my family, guess we are more outgoing who knows. DH thought I was crazy & he said he had a dream & right away I said they didn't speak & you remember the dream, he looked at me & said yes. They don't happen often. Just remember if you have a problem just say help me figure this out and you may find your answer. I am not a religious person but this makes you stop & think.