Regular Contributor

OMG!  Martha (Medicare ad) is back and is worse than before.  I swear they show it every 15 minutes!  

Respected Contributor

I mentioned Martha on another thread....I thought they had put her out to pasture...,but they must think people like watching her? 

Super Contributor

I may not be in the majority here, but I like Martha. I like her cantankerous attitude. Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

I despise that commercial.  It is on frequently where I am located.  I think portraying older people as grouchy, unintelligent and old fashioned (as in the clothing and eye glasses) is insulting and wrong.  It doesn't make sense to me regarding the demographic that they are trying to appeal to.  I will qualify for Medicare next year and there is no way that I see any part of myself in Martha.

Respected Contributor

I'll take Joe Namath any day over Martha.

Respected Contributor

On a more positive note, the models that you see on QVC, Stacy and Cheryl, are also back in commercials shown all of the time here, for Medicare supplement or advantage plans (not sure which plan type).  They are beautiful, smart, articulate and modern looking, a far cry from that Martha character 😁

Contributor

She drives my 81-year mother crazy, so my husband took screen shots of the commercial images and sends her text messages of Martha every now and then!  They have a lot of fun teasing each other...Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I find all ads directed toward Senior Citizens very demeaning and foolish.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: She's Back!

[ Edited ]

Talk about stereo typing ----nothing beats Martha---from her cantankerous attitude to outdated glasses---🙄 Please tell me where do we go to complain and how do we get this woman permanently banned!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I think it is a degrading and cruel commercial....typecasting seniors as ugly, mean and demented individuals like Martha....even the name That NOBODY would ever name a child is degrading.  

They are not getting my business  running such a bad commercial