Honored Contributor

She’s 98. He’s 94. They Met at the Gym.

I know there have been at least one thread about looking for love at maybe a slightly advanced age so this article really caught my eye.  I am attaching the link as the article is rather extensive including some wonderful pictures but because it is the NY Times I realize it may not be visible to everyone so if you are not able to view the article itself please let me know and I will post as much of it as i can as it's a wonderful read.  God bless and keep Gertrude and Alvin and long may they love . . . Heart

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/11/fashion/weddings/senior-citizen-older-couple-wedding.html

Respected Contributor

Re: She’s 98. He’s 94. They Met at the Gym.

I understand this so very well.  My precious husband (who passed away last August) and I met when he was 86 and I was 73.  We married and I can honestly tell you that the ten years we had together were the most wonderful years of my life.  He had been married before for over 65 years, and I had been married for 53. We both lost our spouses at about the same time.  Hooray for this young couple - and yes, they are young at heart.  Long may they live, happily together.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

I read the entire article and I loved everything about this beautiful couple. 

I don't want to write anything that others may want to read and spoil their experience, but Gertrude showing off her garter was precious. 

God bless this lovely couple. 

Thank you for posting and sharing the link. 

Honored Contributor

The story is so sweet I think I will smile all day thinking about it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I understand this so very well.  My precious husband (who passed away last August) and I met when he was 86 and I was 73.  We married and I can honestly tell you that the ten years we had together were the most wonderful years of my life.  He had been married before for over 65 years, and I had been married for 53. We both lost our spouses at about the same time.  Hooray for this young couple - and yes, they are young at heart.  Long may they live, happily together.

Oh @Perkup your post just made me sob . . .  God bless that you and your second husband were lucky enough not only to find such love not once but twice.  I am so sorry you lost your husband last year but may I say God bless that you found each other at that point in both of yours lives and found such a deep love and such happiness for the time you spent together . . . it's so great to hear that it can happen!   Heart

Regular Contributor

Made my day. I had given up hope at 76.

Honored Contributor

Go them!!

Honored Contributor

They're just awesome people. It's who they are as individuals that really accounts for who they are together.

They say one of their secrets is not worrying at all about anything that is out of your control. I wish I could be like that. Had a tough day today, have something coming up next week now as a result that I'm very worried about. I think perhaps it's easier to do that at their ages. After all, every day is just another gift to be savored for them. But you know what, same is true for me too at my age. So they're right.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Perkup - you have such a lovely story!  Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

What a great story and I love their spunk!