Honored Contributor

Re: She is a much better woman than I am!!

Yes, we live in a country in which we can give birth to as many children as we please.

But what does have to with whether it's our business or not, as one or more posters have said? We're here to give our opinions; we're not legislating.

I think a little common sense should be applied. The need to have a brood no longer exists. Also, if it's truly the children that a woman wants and need some need to be continually pregnant, there are tons of children that need good homes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's distasteful and, since we fund schools and there is a limit on natural resources, it is our business. Overpopulation affects all of us and is destroying the environment. She and her husband are using more than their share and with tax credits for dependants are paying no federal taxes and are probably receiving EIC.

Honored Contributor

Two was my limit, period.  

I never once thought about #3, and have never regretted my decision.  

I had the number of children I felt I was capable of caring for; with a husband, or without.

I was not meant to be the mother of numerous children.

Honored Contributor

too many kids so close together; if she had 9 kids and was still in her 20's, she probably started in her teens...do all these kids have the same father? who is supporting them? the parents or the taxpayers? If she has the money to care for them, so be it. I think it is so unfair to make older children be responsible for raising their younger siblings....that isn't their job. I saw the toll it took so many times while I was teaching.
Honored Contributor

Why does having 10 kids make her a better woman than anyone?  If that is the measure of what makes a woman great, then I must be considered pond scum for never having children.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess   Her 1st was born just before her 26th birthday.  Yes, they are all the same Father.

There were pictures of all the kids, it looks like a nursery school/kindergarten class picture.

Esteemed Contributor

She's a busier woman than I, for sure, but better?  Not necessarily.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

in so many instances, the grandmother ends up raising these chlldren when the mother goes off to do her own thing; very few grandmothers have the resources or energy to raise babies and children full-time, but they should be commended for their devotion to their grandchildren.

Super Contributor

Wow, I became exhausted just reading about it!  

Does it make her a better woman?  Well, that all Depends..... Smiley LOL

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

Two was my limit, period.  

I never once thought about #3, and have never regretted my decision.  

I had the number of children I felt I was capable of caring for; with a husband, or without.

I was not meant to be the mother of numerous children.

@RedTop  - I have one daughter and that was plenty for me.   I never had the desire to have a bunch of kids.  No thanks.

Unless you're Brad and Angelina, I don't see how anyone can afford to raise that many kids.