Honored Contributor

Re: She Never Heard of QVC

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@ECBG  Hugs to you...hope you had a good day.

Give that baby of yours hugs from me!😻

@Annabellethecat66 Shadow just stung his little back side on the Karason heater!!!!!

Honored Contributor
I would never make such a sweeping generalization as the OP did based on one person's comment. 👎
Honored Contributor

What are you taking about?What sweeping statement?  

I addressed the mentioned Birkenstock imprints...I also said that I think it’s not unreasonable to expect QVC to present shoes that have never been worn.

How is that “sweeping”?

Honored Contributor

I think young people prefer to go to the mall where all of the action is , to shop. When I was younger I would have done the same thing

I don't know if it is my age or just the changing times, but, I don't feel the malls are what they were. We had much nicer things when I was young. The furniture was wood and sturdy..You could shop for all sorts of things, that are just not shown now, fine china , and silver, Nice collectibles( I know no one wants a nice  piece of china) and things for the home..I just don't see that  now. Good bed linens..things that weren't a mass of wrinkles after they are washed, blankets  that were wool.

I am not really into the stuff they have today. I don't give a hoot about electronics ,for one thing

Honored Contributor

I addressed the mentioned Birkenstock imprints...I also said that I think it’s not unreasonable to expect QVC to present shoes that have never been worn.

How is that “sweeping”?

@Annabellethecat66   You must be thinking of another post that you made.  You are not the OP of this thread that she was talking about.  This thread is about a Junior's cheesecake and a 24 year old and has nothing to do with Birkenstocks.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Many people do not watch shopping channels or even know names of the shopping channels.

This is true for all age groups.

Honored Contributor

I think only old people go to the mall now.  At least where I live.

And to be truthful I haven't seen a QVC show in many years.  I used to love to watch.  I liked kitchen shows, but to me the happy dance embarasses me and they never have anything new. 

Clothes?  No. I'm not tuning in to that.  I used to watch Isaac, but now have no interest in that either. 

Honored Contributor

Re: She Never Heard of QVC

[ Edited ]

It's hard to realize within our micro-bubble of QVC forum

but

MANY people...young, old, and everything in between,

have no idea what QVC is.  They've probably heard of HSN

since it's self-explanatory (Home Shopping Network).

But QVC?

Nope. 
And it's always been that way.  When I lived on the east coast 

for a short bit in the 90's, the gals in the office heard of QVC

but when I moved to Texas?  Nope. 

Esteemed Contributor

How is that “sweeping”?

@Annabellethecat66-The sweeping comment wasn't addressed to you.  You aren't the OP.

Honored Contributor

my daughters dont sit and watch tv to shop.....in fact, i rarely do.

BUT, they do browse the qvc website and purchase. that is how i do most of my shopping on qvc.......review the items online and by shows. i can watch a video if i want to see more or just place the order.

they rarely go to malls or town centers......most of their shopping is done online. so is mine nowadays.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein