Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn just made a new fan...

On 1/16/2015 occasional rain said:
On 1/16/2015 NoelSeven said:

I don't find stupidity charming or amusing. It's bad enough to be an adult dolt without broadcasting it and, worse, think it's an asset.

It doesn't mean they're stupid, it means they were without knowledge in that subject.

I'd agree if it were an obscure subject not widely known. This is something everyone should have learned in grade school. Shawn the jester knows nothing about clothing or design and it's her job to know at least the basics.

Obviously neither one of them is stupid or they wouldn't be where they are today. Isaac is reportedly worth $20 million and Shawn is successful at sales.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

I don't find stupidity charming or amusing. It's bad enough to be an adult dolt without broadcasting it and, worse, think it's an asset.

It doesn't mean they're stupid, it means they were without knowledge in that subject.

I would disagree with this. "What is the moon?" is an elementary, general knowledge question that anyone with a 5th grade education should know. It's very stupid to say it's a planet or a star.

It's not stupid to not know the names of Jupiter's moons or the distance from Pluto to Neptune -- THAT is just a lack of knowledge in a specific area.

Super Contributor

That being said.... sometimes I think Shawn plays dumb for entertainment purposes. She's not dumb. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 SnowPink said:

I would disagree with this. "What is the moon?" is an elementary, general knowledge question that anyone with a 5th grade education should know. It's very stupid to say it's a planet or a star.

It's not stupid to not know the names of Jupiter's moons or the distance from Pluto to Neptune -- THAT is just a lack of knowledge in a specific area.

I'm not going to touch that one with a ten foot pole {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Regardless of whether one thinks their banter was stupid, it was the shot heard around the world. I'm sure Qvc is very grateful for the free advertising. In fact, the guest count seems unusually high right now.

Respected Contributor

The Soup is having a good time with this!

Honored Contributor

I'd agree if it were an obscure subject not widely known. This is something everyone should have learned in grade school. Shawn the jester knows nothing about clothing or design and it's her job to know at least the basics.

Obviously neither one of them is stupid or they wouldn't be where they are today. Isaac is reportedly worth $20 million and Shawn is successful at sales.

So you're saying money equals intelligence? That would mean poor people are stupid and rich people are brilliant.

Esteemed Contributor

People can think what they want of Shawn, but I'll bet she's laughing all the way to the bank! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 kittymomNC said:

People can think what they want of Shawn, but I'll bet she's laughing all the way to the bank! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Careful now. People said the same thing about Lisa. Wink

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____