Esteemed Contributor

Is Shawn K sick tonight? Her voice sounds very different.....To my ears, she sounds like she might be sick. It is very noticeable. I hope she is well.

Respected Contributor

Allergies

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Is Shawn K sick tonight? Her voice sounds very different.....To my ears, she sounds like she might be sick. It is very noticeable. I hope she is well.

It was bad last night but tonight it's worse.  Hope she feels better soon.  I feel bad for her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn K's voice tonight

[ Edited ]

You prompted me to tune in to hear Shawn's voice.  Yes, something is apparently troubling her throat.  Either she has allergies because of the trees with leaves sprouting out all over the place or she has what a former neighbor of mine (who now lives in Iowa) experienced in the last few days.

My former neighbor thought she had strep because her throat really hurt.  She ended up testing negative but is coughing a lot at this point.  There's always something in the air, isn't there?

I hope Shawn does not have anything other than the not very serious ailments I mentioned above.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I just turned to it, her skin is a weird shade, at least on my tv.  Allergies can be bad.  Sometimes my eyes get really swollen sometimes for a few days

Super Contributor

She said it was allergies.

Respected Contributor

She should be home until she feels better. Allergies can be treated in various ways but her bosses at QVC should ask her to go home. I remember Mary Beth used to cough and cough on air. Any one can be spared for a few days.

Respected Contributor

Mary Beth had the same "allergies" a few days ago - she sounded terrible.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn K's voice tonight

[ Edited ]

It is awful to listen to. I can't understand how QVC has hosts present things when they are sick.

I know it must be the producers in their ear but I wish hosts would stop interrupting every few minutes with

"the phone lines are busy"

"get on a laptop"

"the price will only be this good until 12 midnight tomorrow"

and on and on!

Why don't they describe if it runs large or small etc rather than there are only 100,000 left in the gold, 500,000 in the dot! Already a trillion have been ordered in the gold "on the day," the "peeenk" is very popular, while stretching the material over and over. Aiyiyi!

Ok I'd better stop and go to bed. So annoying and that's not good.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay :  you said it best but I cannot understand how it's allowed. I don't want to buy anything cause I don't want to have to listen to her.