Love your host Sharon Faetsch but her hair on the Gourmet show on Weds 1/18 was so distracting! It looked as tho no one had styled it! Pieces were sticking out in all directions. It did her no justice.
Esteemed Contributor

I noticed it - windy day in PA?

Esteemed Contributor

You signed up just to criticize a host?  Why bless your heart.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Sharon's hair

[ Edited ]

@Qvcobsessed wrote:
Love your host Sharon Faetsch but her hair on the Gourmet show on Weds 1/18 was so distracting! It looked as tho no one had styled it! Pieces were sticking out in all directions. It did her no justice.

Let's see your hair.

maybe it is distracting too.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a different sensibility.  I thought it looked cute.  I like a "piecey" hairstyle.  IMO, preferable to "helmet head".  More natural.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Re: Sharon's hair

[ Edited ]

In general, sometimes stylists are a bit overly creative.  That, or she was running later than usual and she didn't have the time for hairstyling.  It has to be either one, I'm guessing. I've seen her on recent non-food shows, and didn't notice anything 'off' at all.  In fact, I recall thinking that her hairstyle is flattering.   p.s.  Keeping in mind that I didn't see the Gourmet show, I've seen several 'spiked' or 'piecy' hairstyles now-a-days.  Lots of layers that can be tweeked to spike upward and/or outward.  I believe they use some type of gel/mousse to make sure that it stays that way. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@Qvcobsessed wrote:

I thought it was adorable and very becoming on her especially because of her stature, 5'2" tall.  It's a new youthful look and on of the latest trends in hairstyling in NY.  It's supposed to look "piece-y" in a neater silhouette.  

I recently had my regular hair cut appointment at Bumble & Bumble here in NYC, and my stylist slightly modified my short bob in a similar manner.  I was thrilled with the new "tweak" in my style, and I don't need to style it that way if I don't want to... I can leave it smooth or make it wavy.   Sharon's style is achieved by a certain hair styling product, probably similar to what my stylist used in my hair (and I subsequently purchased to use at home in between haircuts).  

IMHO it's a much younger look than the recent trends for too-long-hair that's not an optimal look for smaller frames where the neck entirely disappears and you end up looking shorter.

Honored Contributor

I vote for cute as well, if this is the style that the OP is discussing-Cat Very Happy

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

Frequent Contributor

Sharon looks really cute .  She is a very pretty woman. IMO she is an asset to QVC!

Honored Contributor

She looks just fine to me.