Honored Contributor

Shark Tank last night- Parker's Maple Syrup

Anyone watch Shark Tank last night?  I liked the segment for the boy who invented Parker's Maple Syrup. I was hoping he'd get a deal, but he didn't. Hopefully the exposure he got from being on the show will help send his company on the path to great success.  I like stories like his. 

I just placed an order on his site for the small Maple Butter and one of the cotton candy's.  I'm not a jam, jelly or butter spread kind of girl but I hope my husband will enjoy it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shark Tank last night- Parker's Maple Syrup

We wanted to watch it, but missed it.  Darn - my DH would surely like the maple goodies.

Esteemed Contributor

I also thought that he was a terrific young man and was sorry that no one partnered with him.  I have looked at his website and will be ordering.  Everyone raved about the maple cotton candy, but I will probably pass on that one.  I always need quality maple syrup.  Looking forward to getting it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I also watched, and wrote down his name. I am diabetic, but thought some of his products would make great gifts. He was someone that I would have chosen to support.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So he was selling his cotton candy for $1.50 and his cost was .45 so Mark C said, no way, you can mark it up to $2.99 and he said he was going to make the adjustment..............

.....and I looked last night, his cotton candy is now $5.00!!!!!

Crazy what a little fame does

and I don't call that capitalism, I call it plain good old fashioned Greed.

Honored Contributor

i really liked that kid!

i was hoping he would get a partner also. i could see lori selling that here on qvc actually.

i am hoping he is profitable enough to make this his profession going forward.

on a side note, i did find that womans microwave silicone  item here on qvc. i have never seen it presented before, but you just had to know that lori would bring it on here. i might order that also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

So he was selling his cotton candy for $1.50 and his cost was .45 so Mark C said, no way, you can mark it up to $2.99 and he said he was going to make the adjustment..............

.....and I looked last night, his cotton candy is now $5.00!!!!!

Crazy what a little fame does

and I don't call that capitalism, I call it plain good old fashioned Greed.

Not greed, IMO. Good business. If there's a market for the product at that price, yay for the kid.  Perhaps it will help to  provide the  $$ he needs to grow his company.

Honored Contributor

%ashark.gif

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I can't do sugar but everyone was over the moon about that cotton candy.  Great gift and perfect timing.  I hope the kid makes it on his own.

Kudos to those of you supporting his small business.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Too bad someone didn't help him out last night.  I just went to his website and bought a few things.  The Cotton Candy sounds yummy too.  That's not too high for a special treat.  Hope he does real well!!