Honored Contributor

Re: Share 3 wonderful things about the city, town or area in which you live.

Population 11,000

Low crime

Low cost of living

Valued Contributor

Southern Michigan!

It' peaceful and quiet.

It's like living in Mayberry.

Not much happens here,  after all we have 1cop on duty.  When my Scottie ran away,  we had the county, village cop and State Trooper looking for him.  We can also buy jars of jumbo cashews from the State Post, and flowers from the annual sale at the police station.

Small town living and loving it.  I do have to add ice cream places!

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriMI wrote:

Southern Michigan!

It' peaceful and quiet.

Not much happens here,  after all we have 1cop on duty.  When my Scottie ran away,  we had the county, village cop and State Trooper looking for him.  We can also buy jars of jumbo cashews from the State Post, and flowers from the annual sale at the police station.

How lucky you are, LoriMI!  For all of my adult life, I've wanted to live in Mayberry and, yes, I still watch the Andy Griffith show.  LOL  Small town America holds so much appeal to me.  I would love to know all of my neighbors, be able to relax on my big old porch, feel safe leaving my front door unlocked, etc.  Sounds like a dream come true!

Valued Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@LoriMI wrote:

Southern Michigan!

It' peaceful and quiet.

How lucky you are, LoriMI!  For all of my adult life, I've wanted to live in Mayberry and, yes, I still watch the Andy Griffith show.  LOL  Small town America holds so much appeal to me.  I would love to know all of my neighbors, be able to relax on my big old porch, feel safe leaving my front door unlocked, etc.  Sounds like a dream come true!

I grew up in a very small area, then as an adult lived and worked in huge cities.  I would never want to leave my little town.

Honored Contributor

We just retired up to our cottage on Lake Charlevoix in the upper lower peninsula of MI. Rural little town. I'm so used to living in the suburbs of Detroit so being here is such a culture shock! But nothing we mind. We've had this property since 2000 so we knew what we were getting into. I live smack dab in the wonderful cherry orchard country! Our lake is very well known in my state for one of the most beautiful. Highly sought after with vacationers. I still pinch myself every time I look out our front windows and gaze at our gorgeous view of my lake. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

1. I wake up to birds singing.

2. I see deer, turkey, and other wildlife all day.

3. I go to bed to frogs coaking.

What could be better?

Honored Contributor

1.  It's a rural area of mountains and valleys (love it)

2.  We have excellent universities within short distance

3.  People are friendly and willing to help each other as needed

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thirty miles east of San Francisco, it's hot and dry in the summers, and (when there is no drought) wet and cool in the winter.

1.  The community is respectful of trees.  Recently our local utility company wanted to blatantly cut down hundreds of trees simply because they were too near the underground utility lines, but the city worked with the utility and now only perhaps 30 will be removed.

2.  There is a Whole Foods less than 5 miles from my home.

3.  I love having access to so many top quality restaurants locally.

Hmmm -- trees and food.  That kind of sums it up!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

1. Seattle is nestled between three major bodies of water and surrounded by two mountain ranges which make it the jewel of the Pacific Northwest.

2. Seattle is artsy and free spirited, cutting edge in medicine and technology, and accepting of diversity. People who move here from other parts of the country tend not to ever leave.

3. For the most part, Seattle has a moderate climate with few extremes. Once in a while we get a dusting of snow, or highs and lows in temps, but usually the climate is mild year round. And contrary to popular belief, even though we get a lot of rain, we aren't even close to being the city with the highest rainfall in the US. That being said, we are experiencing a drought this year, not unlike other West Coast cities.

Honored Contributor

Green Bay WI
Snow, Lambeau Field, Beer
Milwaukee WI
Zoo, Miller Park, Beer