Honored Contributor

Re: Share 3 wonderful things about the city, town or area in which you live.

The weather is fabulous.I live in Florida but we are a beach town and so, even when it gets hot, we always have a pleasant sea breeze. 

It has small town charm but we are only a 30 min. drive from a city and all the aminities that city life brings.

We are a beautiful beach community.Beach, swimming, fishing, boating and breathtaking sunsets. One of our favorite things to do is go to McDonalds and get breakfast to go then go and eat it at the beach while watching the sun come up over the bay.

It is a community of predominantly seniors. Since we are retirees too , we do enjoy the company of and activities with other seniors.

Respected Contributor

i live in a 55+ senior community.  i lovingly refer to it as 'geezerville'.  there are hundreds of clubs and activities available and so many things to do that you would have to really work at it to be bored.  so my three things would be:

*  it's lots of fun

* it's quiet, safe and friendly

*it's in a beautiful location

Valued Contributor

1.  It is a small and rural.

2.  It is friendly and safe.

3.  The climate is mild in the winter.

Respected Contributor

sfnative, Portland sounds beautiful.

Where I live, I can think of three things at once:  the clean, clear ocean waters, the sunsets, and the rainbows.  I hever saw a rainbow til I moved here. 

Then there are the water birds such as herons and the wide open sky (a by product of the utterly flat landscape). 

The people can be a bit tricky, though. 

Honored Contributor

Buffalo NY ("gag line" in MANY comedians jokes!)

1. Affordable, old interesting housing and cost of living

2. Vibrant restaurant and arts scene

3. Friendly, helpful people - everyone is a neighbor!

Respected Contributor

We've lived at this end of the state for 3 years now.  We love our new community because it is:

• Safe.  We feel so safe, we've talked about not becoming complacent about it.
  • Clean.  Litter is almost non-existent.  Homeowners have pride for their homes and maintain them very well.  I don't remember ever seeing graffiti here.  The air is cleaner and the sky looks bluer.
  • Beautiful.  We are surrounded by nature.  Like you, SFnative, green is the color of our world. It is also quiet--except for the birds' singing. (Tough problem Woman Wink)

We moved from a crime and filth filled big city of 300,000 to a community of 3,000.  

• It was the best decision we ever made. (Sorry, couldn't resist a fourth item.)
Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

COWBOY STADIUM.jpgRANGER STADIUM.jpgSUNDANCE SQUARE FOUNTAIN.jpg

1) COWBOY STADIUM

2) RANGERS STADIUM

3) FT WORTH (NEARBY) SUNDANCE SQUARE FOUNTAIN

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I am with you, only shops!!!  My husband's employment brought  us here 30 yrs ago.  We don't have kids, no family here (although we have lots of friends) but we will go home the very minute he can retire!!! 

The summers are brutal, there are no pro or college sports here and basically nothing cultural.  I hate the man-made lakes and did I say summers are brutal??

For those who don't know, I am in the Tulsa area now and from the Detroit area!!!  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Hills, lots of trees, and four seasons.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Honky TonksParthenon

OpryTootsiesPredators

The Hermitage, the Ryman, Vanderbilt Hospital, The Natchez Trace Parkway, Percy Warner and Edmond Warner Parks, The Belle Meade Plantation,  the list could go on forever.  Outdoor concerts in the parks and downtown.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."