Respected Contributor

Re: Share 3 wonderful things about the city, town or area in which you live.

What I love the most is the trees and more trees and more trees...did I say more trees?  

Trusted Contributor

I can't think of one single thing.  If this wasn't where my husband's job was located, and our daughter and family didn't live nearby, I would have moved a long time ago.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Esteemed Contributor

@betteb wrote:

O/T @sfnative I notice you asked me on another thread about my emoties. 

I just Google Images a phrase like "winking smiley face" or "blowing kisses smiley face" or whatever you are trying to express. Hundreds come up. I pick and save them to a file on my desktop for easy use.

blow-a-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

ETA- You can find some good stuff if you play around with your phrases. Like for this one, I think I Googled "kitty animated gif"

playing-kitty.gif

@betteb wrote:

O/T @sfnative I notice you asked me on another thread about my emoties. 

I just Google Images a phrase like "winking smiley face" or "blowing kisses smiley face" or whatever you are trying to express. Hundreds come up. I pick and save them to a file on my desktop for easy use.

blow-a-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

ETA- You can find some good stuff if you play around with your phrases. Like for this one, I think I Googled "kitty animated gif"

playing-kitty.gif

Thanks so much, betteb!  It's about time for bed, so will definitely check this out Thursday morning.  Really appreciate you taking the time to explain these great emoticons.

~Rebecca

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

deleted by poster

Esteemed Contributor

I live in 2 cities, one small 10 mins from NYC over the bridge on a good day.  It is diverse,  good restaurants and my condo neighbors are great!  My second city is Rome, Italy and the things I love most is that it is an energetic modern city within ancient walls, the art and the food of course but mostly, the Italian people. 

Esteemed Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

you gave away a WHOLE lot, you just don't realize it.......................raven

@raven-blackbird, your sig like says "we're not in Kansas anymore Toto." Funny, 'cause I think SOMEONE is! 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

1. Super long and scenic bike trail system.

2. Comparatively low cost of living.

3. Low crime, high friendliness.

4. Variety of entertainment choices.

Oops, that's four!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I love where I live.....very small borough with no stores, no industry, no poverty but only 20 miles from NYC.......we have acreage, seclusion, privacy and trees, trees, trees ! 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I live in a nice little town. Within  three miles are all the big stores and restaurants. Go in another direction one mile down the road is the countryside with some farms. Philadelphia , New York and the sea shore are all in a hundred mile radis. Just beautiful. Schools are very good here. We don't have much crime here. We are fortunate.

Respected Contributor

We have a wonderful art museum and symphony even though it is a comparatively small town.

We are an hour or less from the beach, the theme parks, or entertainment venues if we choose to do these things.

What I like best is that no one ever toots their horn if you happen to sit at a light 3 seconds too long, or if you accidentally move into their lane too quickly, or the ultimate sin of slowing down to make a right hand turn.  This is not the case in some places we have lived.