Honored Contributor

Re: Shannen Doherty has breast cancer

Years ago she did an episode on 90210 when, as a teen, she suspected she may have breast cancer, this must be hitting her hard, good luck to her.

Respected Contributor

Was saddened to read Shannon diagnosis. Maestro, you are in our prayers today as you undergo this surgery, God Bless!

I gather Shannon's husband doesn't have insurance either, perhaps Shannon carried him as a dependent on her plan. Insurance company is required to send a Cobra notice. They would have been notified unless all their mail went to their account managers and she never knew.

Sounds like they are broke and in trouble with the IRS. She better sign up, plenty of health coverage available. 

Honored Contributor

I wish her well. But instead of blaming someone, she should be making the best of her unfortunate situation. As a public figure, she could be helping others. She should be saying: "I made a mistake. I should have been proactive about my health. I want all of you women to go out and get checked, and don't make the same mistake l did!"

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

coulda, shoulda, woulda..........it's all moot at this point...........I wish her well, I hope she finds some way to pay for treatment, it can save your life, but it's expensive...........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

@maestra wrote:

My breast cancer, for which I am having surgery tomorrow, also wasnt felt by a lump. It only showed up in mammogram, not ultrasound.

Best of luck to you, maestro.  Please let everyone know how you are doing.  Will send out prayers for you.