Honored Contributor

Re: Shamima Begum the teen who left the UK to Join ISIS

@Isobel Archer   Forget the parents.  I hate to be jaded here but what a perfect way to embed a natural born terrorist in the USA but just like this. We can all cry tears when trying to further an agenda.  Just ask our moms and husbands.   

Honored Contributor

She appears to have no remorse so I say she is not worthy of my sympathy.

Honored Contributor

GOOD!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird   She is a victim of her childhood training.  It takes a special person to go against their parent's beliefs and how they were raised even when blatantly wrong.  Given this is true, it is still no excuse or right.....it just helps in understanding why a 17 year old girl would make such debilitating decisions that have severe implications for her whole life.  Sad situation all the way around...because of her history, the right decision was made regarding her citizenship. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

An Americcan woman from Alabama who became an ISIS bride also wants to come back.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/02/19/hoda-muthana-isis-bride-wants-face-us-justice-r...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer wrote:

There is a push to come back.  Washington Post ran a sympathetic article about the kids of those who left the U.S. to fight for the caliphate claiming we should welcome them back.  Hmmmm.   And what did they learn from their parents?

The Washington Post would...

Just one of many reasons I no longer subscribe...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Nice to think that they feel they should be welcomed home after all of the hate they had for their countries....I hope they are all finding it difficult to find someone to be sympathetic.

Frequent Contributor

These women should not be allowed back. Ever hear of a trojan horse? What will you be getting back into your country?

Frequent Contributor

I read these women go over there and marry, become widows, remarry and rewidow and now they want to come back to their original countries?

Honored Contributor

The U.K. woman who said she knew about and saw all the beheadings and people being killed and "didn't have any problem with that" - and she expects that people should have "sympathy" (her word) for her and welcome her back?  So ISIS lets these women go without a murmur?

The same for the American woman.  She thinks any punishment should perhaps be "therapy sessions"???  Sorry, but I wouldn't trust any of these women back into their original countries.  I don't believe they've suddenly seen the light and want to come "home".  There is no way of knowing what atrocities they might be prepared to commit once here.

They all chose their "homes".  They need to live in them.  Good for Britain, revoking that woman's citizenship.  The U.S. should do the same.