Honored Contributor

Re: Shaking Milk

[ Edited ]

I shake, out of habit - been doing it my entire life.  I have a tall glass of Fairlife milk everyday.  It has half the sugar, more protein, more calcium, no lactose, and tastes fabulous!  

Esteemed Contributor
Respected Contributor

Never heard of shaking milk.  

We don't drink milk in our house.   The thought of it makes me gag 

Trusted Contributor

I shake my milk because you have to.  It's organic grass fed and it's in a glass bottle.  It's from Trickling Springs - they only heat the milk to a certain temp so it kills the bad bacteria off, but it doesn't destroy the nutrients in the milk.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes,  I shake my almond milk because the carton says I should. 

@Kachina624, we only use almond milk and yes, it does say that on the carton.

DH uses it in his cereal and I use a tiny bit in my coffee.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shaking Milk

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

We're the only mammal on the planet that drinks another mammal's milk.    Milk is for infants, period.   Personally, I don't drink the stuff  .... also, it's too high in sugar.

@Tinkrbl44

I grew up drinking lots of milk as a child. No issues.  I quit drinking it as an adult because of the high milk sugar content as you mentioned. I  like you drink almond  or cashew or flax milk with low carb and sugar.  I noticed a new milk brand Fairlife   has half the sugar and more protein like the Greek yougert has.  This is good news for people that still drink milk

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

no, i have had kids that have done that and the end result wasnt a pretty picture. LOL

@sunshine45, ha ha!  Surely you are speaking of my husband!  He is also known to NOT REPLACE LIDS securely, of many things (think OJ - talk about a sticky mess).

We drink lots of cow's milk.  So what?  My teeth are very strong, for one thing, my coffee and smoothie are tasty and are protein sources.  I have often wondered where DH got the whole milk shaking thing from.  I am neither diabetic nor overweight and I have, so far, good bone density.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

We're the only mammal on the planet that drinks another mammal's milk.    Milk is for infants, period.   

True.

It would be Spock-Logical if, as adults, we drank human milk,

but cow's milk?  Why not pig, horse, giraffe milk?

As for cow's milk for infants, more & more studies are showing...

introducing an infant to cow's milk makes them highly susceptible 

for Type 1 Diabetes....not 2, but Type 1. Parents risk that day in/day out

with their children today.   Wow. 

Honored Contributor

I stopped drinking milk in Junior High School. My skin was breaking out and my mom took me to a derm who told her to remove the dairy from my diet and see if it helped. It was like a miracle and my skin cleared completely. To this day I thank that doctor because my skin although sensitive aged well...

Both my children were allergic to the protein in dairy and had to be given formula without milk in it. They suffered no issues because of it.

In answer to your question, Marp, I still remember as a very small child asking for the cream on the top of the milk bottles delivered to our home. We never shook it....

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

No, I've never shaken milk, but I do LOVE my milk!

@Plaid Pants2

Ditto!