Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom and Happy Thanksgiving to All 11/21/14

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe and a happy weekend to everyone!

My prayers go out to Donna's mom, and to her friend, and to all who might be in need of strength and support. I echo all the beautiful sentiments in this thread. My gratitude goes to Sunny for her threads and to all of you who are able to express such love and encouragement in words far more eloquent than anything I can say. Even when we feel sad or discouraged, it's so important to remember simple abundance. Sending wishes for a warm, cozy, peaceful, and bountiful Thanksgiving to all.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to those who observe and wishes for a great weekend to all. Stay warm and safe!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to everyone who posted. dooBdoo trust me when I tell you that you are quite eloquent and have written the most beautiful things on the message boards.

I'm so glad that there is still a place here where we can gather on Fridays and share our prayers and blessings and thoughts with friends.

I really do thank you all for being here today. I needed it. Hugs and love xox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Good shabbos and Happy Thanksgiving Sunny and friends,

My thoughts are with all of you, and wishing you a wonderful holiday to come.

We do have many blessings and much for which to be thankful.

Prayers of good things for all who need a bit of help, support and love.

love to all, henny

Trusted Contributor

On 11/21/2014 shamalamadingdong4 said: Good Shabbos. May you all be surrounded by your loved ones at the Thanksgiving table.

Shabbat Shalom! I have no family any more.... Thanksgiving (and the High Holidays) are so hard for me. It is always amazing that people who know you are alone don't invite you over. My parents always did that for those they knew who were alone.

I wanted to go to the Salvation Army to feed the hungry, but all slots were filled.

I will try and fill the day with things that will take my mind off of the special day. I will take a long walk, watch some football and read or watch a movie.

Rejoice if you have family all around. Cherish them and feel blessed that your loved ones are with you on Thanksgiving and every day.

Esteemed Contributor

DARING GREATLY, welcome to our weekly Shabbat Shalom group. I would imagine that it could be lonely on holidays when you have nobody to share them with. Is there any place other than the Salvation Army where you could volunteer? Soup kitchens and homeless shelters are also in need of helpers. I hope that whatever you do, you will try to remember your blessings, and maybe the day will turn out better than you think.

I'm not so thrilled with the way our plans are turning out either, but it's the way life goes.

Please come back next week? We are here every Friday and would love to see you. Hugs to you.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Thank you SUNALA for your kind words and welcome!

I will definitely check in on Friday.

I appreciate the kindness.