Trusted Contributor

Re: Severe Weather conditions in Calif?

@LillyandHobo wrote:

I've been waiting for a package from Calif. Today it says there are delays due to severe weather conditions. Yes a pkg from QVC. I looked on line but nothing came up. 

There are major fires in Northern California.

Honored Contributor

The UPS gold alert banner only says that the wildfires COULD impact some areas of California, Oregon and Washing state.

"Severe weather, natural disasters, and other conditions beyond our control can occasionally disrupt our services. If there is an active service disruption, it will appear below. A gold alert ribbon will also appear at the top of all ups.com pages. If there is no service alert information below, the UPS transportation network is operating normally."

When you scroll down to the details of the alert there is no mention of weather but only the wildfires causing POSSIBLE delays.  (I couldn't c/p the whole alert summary).  It includes a statement about the safety of the employees, too.

People are too hasty and do not read the full alert.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I feel sorry for the people who have to breathe in the smoke from the fires.  I lived in a drought in San Francisco years ago and after 1 to 1-1/2 years it started raining and did not stop for over a week.  The area was out of the drought in 2 days.  California is such a beautiful state but so many natural disasters.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The smoke has just been dreadful.  I have asthma so every time I go outside you can call me Wheezy.   Then, Coughy.  Smiley Very Happy

But, seriously, this always breaks my heart.  So much damage done and many of the times they are caused by wreckless humans.   Smiley Sad

Agree that California is a beautiful place and it's such a terrible shame that there is always 'fire season'.     We have it here, too, but we are much smaller.