Super Contributor

Severe Weather conditions in Calif?

I've been waiting for a package from Calif. Today it says there are delays due to severe weather conditions. Yes a pkg from QVC. I looked on line but nothing came up. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Severe Weather conditions in Calif?

Probably the excuse du jour.  Wait until you get the one about your package being in a train wreck. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I live in Southern California. Unless they are talking about extreme heat, I am not sure what they mean. 

Esteemed Contributor

It may not be CA with the weather issues they are referring to; perhaps one of the hubs it has to go through on the way to you is where there are problems.  Unless you're also in CA....then yeah, just the go-to excuse.

Esteemed Contributor

Fires?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LillyandHobo wrote:

I've been waiting for a package from Calif. Today it says there are delays due to severe weather conditions. Yes a pkg from QVC. I looked on line but nothing came up. 

@LillyandHobo 

I live in the greater Los Angeles area, and think I know what that means ...   QVC has a warehouse/hub in the Ontario, CA area.   I get packages from them occasionally, and returns sent there are processed in sometimes as little as 24 hours. 

Depending on where the latest fires are,  roads and/or freeways can be re-routed or even closed temporarily.  Instant traffic log jam and it can cause businesses in the area to close for a few days.   

This is my best guess as to what the problem might be. HTH

Honored Contributor

I live in the area and I know of no major fire impacting traffic.
Whenever I pull up ups and USPS tracking I usually see a warning about both covid and weather delays. I think it’s just generic
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I live in the area and I know of no major fire impacting traffic.
Whenever I pull up ups and USPS tracking I usually see a warning about both covid and weather delays. I think it’s just generic

@bikerbabe, I see that all the time, too. There are no weather problems in California.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I work in logistics. We are updated daily from USPS, UPS, and FedEx about the wild fires impacting deliveries/services in California, Washington, and Oregon.

They all fall under the category of a "Weather Event".

Thats why you're seeing that message.

Honored Contributor

I live in Washington State and I am expecting a package from Calif (Nordstrom sale).  UPS keeps emailing me there is a delay but does not specify.  I just assumed it was the wildfires in Calif and Oregon.