Occasional Contributor

Re: Severe Weather - Michigan - Sunday 8-2

My son in Traverse City still has no power!   Storms were quite severe!  

Esteemed Contributor

We were out to eat 45 minutes west of home.  We were right in front of the storm as we drove home.  Black sky out one window and blue sky the other .......kind of freaky!

Our poor little guy slept in the shower!  He hates thunder and lightening!!  

Glad it is over today, but there is brush down all over!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@AuSableRiverLivin wrote:

I visited friends in metro Detroit this weekend and had no idea I would be traveling through very nasty weather to get home today.  I live about 50 minutes east of Traverse City and drove up I-75.  I went through two very nasty storms (one in the Saginaw area and one just north of Houghton Lake and south of Roscommon).  Heavy rain, strong winds and hail in each storm and near zero visibility.  I was relieved to finally make it home safely and get my car unloaded and in the garage.  Less than 10 minutes later my area was hit with a very bad storm (worse than either of the ones I drove through - and that's saying a lot) with straight line winds, very heavy rain and large hail.  Trees and power lines are down all over the county.  Main roads, including I-75, are shut down because of the downed trees.

I hope I did this okay - I've never posted before but have been reading the forums for years.  

You did great @AuSableRiverLivin and WELCOME!

I hope everybody is safe. Storms are so scary.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••