Honored Contributor

Re: Set of sheets--color choices

I wanted lots of colors, but never had them.  My husband always insisted on white. So we always have white.  Refused to sleep in a bed that was either blue, green and god forbid...pink.

Honored Contributor

It took me forever to find sheets that met all my other criteria and color was last thing on the list.  I really didn't care what color they were.  It was a bonus that they coordinated with the the quilt, shams and bedskirt.

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

I know I'll be in the minority but I won't buy sheets unless they are 50% Cotton/50% Polyester because I love that they are cool feeling and last a very long time.  I love crisp white, but also tans... 

@Q4u...Where do you get  your 50%Cotton/50% Polyester sheets?...I like this combination also but they are difficult to find.

You are right, they are SO hard to find!!  I buy them when I see them and bought several sets a few years ago I happened to find at TJMaxx, I haven't needed any more since.  But yes, really hard to find! 

@Q4u...I went to their website as soon as I saw your post....There are so many brands to choose from but I found ones from "Bentley Home"...600 TC Cotton with Polyester....Are these the ones that you bought?...Could you check the label on one of your sets?...lol 

eta:...They also have a "Ultra Lux"...1000 TC Cotton with Polyester.  

I totally forget the brand name....   I prefer thread count to be around 500-600, nothing less and really don't like the feel of 1,000 count.  Good luck with your find!  Woman Happy  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I like to coordinate the sheets with the comforter in the Master Bedroom, so I have ivory, mint green, light tan,etc.. For my 2 spare bedrooms, I have lavendar, ivory, light purple, blue,etc....I guess I really like colors, but more muted colors, nothing loud........

Honored Contributor

Our bedspread is a stripe - various shades of blue  so I like to buy blue sheets.

Honored Contributor

All my sheets are black .. it's really the most calming for me.  I sleep best in black sheets.  Black comforter and red dust ruffle.  My color scheme is black/red/white with animal accents.

Honored Contributor

I buy white sheets only.  I really like a white bed.  A trim around the sheets in another color would be fine with me, too, but all of the sheets that I use are white.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I use pale blue or sea glass in Spring and Summer,I have a spice(pumpkin) and burgundy for Fall and Winter. I prefer the lighter shades only because with the darker sheets I can't see if there are spiders or scorpions in my bed...yes. I look every night!

Scorpions?????  Where do you live?   Arizona?

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal  California

Honored Contributor

I prefer pastel colored sheets or just white or ivory.