Honored Contributor

Re: Set of sheets--color choices

I like an aqua shade of blue.  Blues are usually considered to be the most calming colors.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

I know I'll be in the minority but I won't buy sheets unless they are 50% Cotton/50% Polyester because I love that they are cool feeling and last a very long time.  I love crisp white, but also tans... 

@Q4u...Where do you get  your 50%Cotton/50% Polyester sheets?...I like this combination also but they are difficult to find.

You are right, they are SO hard to find!!  I buy them when I see them and bought several sets a few years ago I happened to find at TJMaxx, I haven't needed any more since.  But yes, really hard to find!     

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

I know I'll be in the minority but I won't buy sheets unless they are 50% Cotton/50% Polyester because I love that they are cool feeling and last a very long time.  I love crisp white, but also tans... 

@Q4u...Where do you get  your 50%Cotton/50% Polyester sheets?...I like this combination also but they are difficult to find.

You are right, they are SO hard to find!!  I buy them when I see them and bought several sets a few years ago I happened to find at TJMaxx, I haven't needed any more since.  But yes, really hard to find! 

@Q4u...I went to their website as soon as I saw your post....There are so many brands to choose from but I found ones from "Bentley Home"...600 TC Cotton with Polyester....Are these the ones that you bought?...Could you check the label on one of your sets?...lol 

eta:...They also have a "Ultra Lux"...1000 TC Cotton with Polyester.  

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I am pretty boring.  I love crisp, off- white sheets. I quit using colors several years ago.  They do have some beautiful colors out there though

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased a deep egg plant color from target, love them and the pockets are deep, they stay put and come out of the dryer very nicely.....I am trying to think of the name......

edited to add:  THRESHOLD is the brand!!

Honored Contributor

II totally agree with @chickenbutt at her mention of black sheets.  I had picked up a set of Ralph Lauren at Marshall's and absolutely loved them, although ivory, because they were so soft.  Totally sorry I need replacements.

My home has a lot of deep blue, so, I can use navy.

Honored Contributor

the color you find most soothing and appealing is the one to buy!

Esteemed Contributor

Seafoam green sheets/coverlet for guest room. Comfy with  the coastal chic decor. I like pale yellow in master bedroom. It softens my serious, dark, mission furniture. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I like soft colors.  The sheets I have now are a soft aqua and I really like them.

Honored Contributor

I prefer white sheets but now have a set in seaglass blue that I love....it matches the walls perfectly; I used to love high thread counts but have found now that in the hot Texas summers, the crispness of lower threadcount (250-275) sheets feel so much nicer at bedtime. I have one set and use them only in the summer; hard to find this lower threadcount with deep pockets. The rest of the year I use my high threadcount ones (1,000 ) from Target. The best sheets ever. Don't know how they ended up selling them at Target, but they are great; have even given as gifts.