Honored Contributor

Re: Serena Williams Is Adding to Her Joy

How exciting for her!!!!!! I really like her, she seems very nice and down to earth........She is always so gracious.......

Honored Contributor

That's nice...

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac, the photo you've posted is the one I saw on Serena's own social media page.  

Honored Contributor

@Trix

She has since taken it down according to the "news" outlets.

I think the problem is, she was pregant at the time of her last tournament if she is now 20 weeks.  I don't know what the rules are in the professional tennis world re playing while knowingly pregnant.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac, I don't believe there are any quote unquote WTA rule about playing while pregnant.  It's a personal health issue, same as a competitor playing with an disclosed injury or illness.  It's your gamble.  Of course, although we are talking about young, healthy, incredibly fit women, no one in her right mind is going to risk the well-being of her unborn child playing after the first few weeks. 

Honored Contributor

@Trix

I can't find anything about playing while pregnant in tornaments in professional tennis.  I did find out Serena was pregnant when she won the Australian Open in January 2017.

She really did take a chance w/that one early on in her pregnancy.  A speeding tennis ball into the gut...... 😱

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Trix

She has since taken it down according to the "news" outlets.

I think the problem is, she was pregant at the time of her last tournament if she is now 20 weeks.  I don't know what the rules are in the professional tennis world re playing while knowingly pregnant.

I can't imagine why there would be any rules against it. I don't consider tennis exactly a dangerous sport and exercise is great for the baby unless there is some sort of underlying problem that would require bed rest or something of the sort.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Serena Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Trix

I can't find anything about playing while pregnant in tornaments in professional tennis.  I did find out Serena was pregnant when she won the Australian Open in January 2017.

She really did take a chance w/that one early on in her pregnancy.  A speeding tennis ball into the gut...... 😱

When was the last time a professional tennis player took a speeding tennis ball into their gut?

Valued Contributor

Williams is a good tennis player.  But, I find her lacking class.  Using the F word on the court is one example.  Being a sore loser is another.  Now if the news is true, she had to have known she was pregnant when she played the Australian Open.  This would mean she was putting the life of the child in Jeopardy.  She could have had a major fall.  I really hope that she doesn't return to tennis.  I hope her sister wins another major.