Honored Contributor

Serena,Will She Win or Will She Lose? Spoiler

[ Edited ]

Anyone wish to guess? I'll wager she loses and some will blame Meghan for being a distraction or even a curse since Serena lost the last time Meghan attended her match.

Honored Contributor

Re: Serena,Will She Win or Will She Lose?

My guess is that she'll either win or she will lose.  

Honored Contributor

If she loses, I sure hope she doesn't steal the moment from the young Canadian opponent, something like she did last year for Naomi Osaka.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain I politely disagree Smiley Happy  IMO Serena lost to the better player because Serena didn't play as well as the winner.

I personally don't think the Duchess had anything to do with it! My own unpopular opinion is that I'm tired of Serena, like to see some "new blood" win!

Honored Contributor

I hope she wins. It won't impede the new players, and it will be another unbelievable achievement from possibly the best female player in history.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Anyone wish to guess? I'll wager she loses and some will blame Meghan for being a distraction or even a curse since Serena lost the last time Meghan attended her match.

@occasionalrain, not to put too find of a point on it, but "some" people are idiots.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

She won.

Honored Contributor

GO SERENA!!!

Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

As much as I am a Serena fan, playing a woman half her age will be tough.  I do not expect her to win.  I think it's time for her, Roger, Stan and maybe Rafa and Novak to think about the next stage of their lives!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

As much as I am a Serena fan, playing a woman half her age will be tough.  I do not expect her to win.  I think it's time for her, Roger, Stan and maybe Rafa and Novak to think about the next stage of their lives!

@kaydee50 I agree with you 1000 percent! It's painful to watch them now as they struggle in so many matches, or even retire.