Honored Contributor

Re: September's Bird Nest - Summer's Last Hurrah

Autumn in Maryland ?

Hi Birding Friends, It sure doesn't seem like I have been home for 3 days already. It's warm and sunny here, but really nice. No humidity to speak of. At DS's, they had 3.5'' of rain in one day over the weekend and rain everyday since I left. 70% chances of rain for them for next few days. Lot's of flooding and I sure wish you all in California could have some of that rain.

Am keeping this short as my arm is giving me fits due to my having to use the on screen keyboard. I almost bought the Dell laptop that was the special value yesterday. It sounded great but would have been about $125.00 a month for 6 months. With homeowners insurance renewal, Christmas, real estate and personal property taxes looming, + other expenses, esp. filling the furnace's oil tank, I passed on it. It was so tempting. I called Angie's List for some names to call for computer repair. Last May I spend hours and hours with ATT techs. trying to fix it. I have 2 new keyboards sitting here, useless, so I have to choose who to call. Can't keep typing this way.

Have a nice rest of your Monday. Will try to get back here later.

Seriously though...~~I wish this kitty was mine.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Peacock

Hi again. I forgot to mention in my earlier post that early yesterday morning, when I got down to the kitchen, before church, I was looking out the window and saw a hummingbird. There was a very heavy dew and I was checking on the other birds at the feeders, when this beautiful little hummer flew over to some of the pentas. I haven't seen hummers around here in ages, in fact , I don't even look for them here, so this was a really happy surprise. I hope she/he sticks around. It would have made a beautiful picture with the dew sparkling like jewels and this little jewel of a bird flitting back and forth between the various colored blossoms.

Fall...Beautiful October Colors

Respected Contributor

Possum, you may have one of our hummingbirds. LOL Starting last year, they are super scarce here and normally - they never migrate at all from here - we are inundated with them. This is the second year now I rarely see one - breaks my heart. Have checked with all the experts and even they do not know what has happened to them. Weird.

Honored Contributor

Final Bird of the Day for September - Bare Faced Curassow.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

This bird looks more ""bare bellied.""

Honored Contributor

Silverton Railway, Colorado

Hi Birding Friends, Still having problems with my computer. Frustrating. and my arm is giving me a 'fit'.

Wanted to say hi. DD, GDs and I spent most of the day celebrating Jillian's 16th. birthday. Went to St. Charles, MO, the first capital of Missouri. It's an old river town, well preserved, and has been pretty well restored as an antique, boutique, dining and historical area. We had lunch and did a bit of shopping. Love the cobblestone streets and the riverfront parks and gazebos.

My arm is starting to throb, mainly due to typing with the mouse and the on screen keyboard. Will sign off for now.

Autumn In Montana