Esteemed Contributor

September 8th, 2015 Update on my wife

[ Edited ]

photo 1-5_zpsf044c809.jpg

I first want to thank each and every one of you for your outpouring of thoughts and prayers for my wife Cindy, and myself. I will make this brief, if that is possible for me. 

Cause: Bleeding Ulcer Upper GI/Dehydration and a Hemoglobin reading below 7, which is not at all good. She left the hospital with a 7.8mdl, which will have checked Wednesday at Hematology to make sure it has not gone down. I also will get my B-12 injection during that doctors visit.

She was in ICU for 4 days to monitor her bleeding issue and also to make sure her blood pressure was going and staying up. She had a total of 3 units of blood in her transfusions.

Is now home with her furry kids and still pretty weak. Since I have had my own issues with anemia and very low blood pressure, I am able to watch and advise her of the "what and what nots" when it comes to sitting up from a lying position, and getting up from a sitting position.

Have 3 different doctors to visit this short week, and she will be having both and Upper and a Lower Scope(Endo and Colonoscopy)in October. I will also be having an Endo on right after her procedures to check on my Barretts Esophagus.

Again, a big thank you to all of you from both of us. I am an eternal optimist and I see Cindy getting stronger by the day and also and hopeful there will be no more bleeding from the Ulcer. She will be taking a medication for that for several weeks prior to the procedures being done during that October Procedure.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,

JOhn

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Re: September 8th, 2015 Update on my wife

John ~ So thankful Cindy was able to come home.  No better place to feel more at peace, and to be able to rest.

It sounds like you have both had one wild & scary ride.  Hoping tomorrow is a better day, and Cindy can get the rest she needs.

Please remember to take care of you too.  Positive thoughts continuing.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you John for checking in. So sorry to hear you both have been again faced with such serious issues. Please rest and regain your strength to enjoy better days ahead. 

Respected Contributor

Cindy & John...Prayers

get well soon cat photo: FlowersBowsWishingYouASpeedyRecovery FlowersBowsWishingYouASpeedyRecover.gif

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the update John. Continued prayers for  your dear wife and for you.

I am sure being at home with you and your furbabies will help her heal quicker.

Respected Contributor

John, thank you for checking back with us and bringing us up to date.  When we hadn't heard from you for a while, I have to admit I was getting worried.  I'm relieved to know that Cindy is now home and is getting better. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for the update.  You and your wife have been in my mind.

How great that the two you have been able to return home to your furry babies, whom I believe are the best caregivers of all.

Cindy is very grateful no doubt for all your care and personal experience, so I will just ask you on her behalf to take care of yourself as well so that you can continue to 'do' for her.

Sending you both all best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

John...Thanks for the update.  I continue to hold you and Cindy in my thoughts and prayers.  These are challenging times for you.both and that can be so tiring.  I hope you will get rest whenever you get a chance. Keep looking up....you are not alone. 

Honored Contributor

Wonderful news John, I'm so happy for all of you. One day at a time, no rushing. Continued well wishes for you both and everytime I think of you two, I'll say a little prayer.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the update Johnn.  I pray both you and Cindy make a complete recovery.