Respected Contributor

Re: September 8th, 2015 Update on my wife

Thank you, John, soooooooooooo much for giving us an update on Cindy!!  I'm so glad she's home!  Your medical knowledge has really saved the day for both of you!!  I'm glad Cindy's getting an "end to end" exam in October!  Good luck with your endoscopy as well!

My granddog, Jasper, was so glad when he heard the news, that he did a little dance!!

dancin' fool.JPG

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

photo 1-5_zpsf044c809.jpg

I first want to thank each and every one of you for your outpouring of thoughts and prayers for my wife Cindy, and myself. I will make this brief, if that is possible for me. 

Cause: Bleeding Ulcer Upper GI/Dehydration and a Hemoglobin reading below 7, which is not at all good. She left the hospital with a 7.8mdl, which will have checked Wednesday at Hematology to make sure it has not gone down. I also will get my B-12 injection during that doctors visit.

She was in ICU for 4 days to monitor her bleeding issue and also to make sure her blood pressure was going and staying up. She had a total of 3 units of blood in her transfusions.

Is now home with her furry kids and still pretty weak. Since I have had my own issues with anemia and very low blood pressure, I am able to watch and advise her of the "what and what nots" when it comes to sitting up from a lying position, and getting up from a sitting position.

Have 3 different doctors to visit this short week, and she will be having both and Upper and a Lower Scope(Endo and Colonoscopy)in October. I will also be having an Endo on right after her procedures to check on my Barretts Esophagus.

Again, a big thank you to all of you from both of us. I am an eternal optimist and I see Cindy getting stronger by the day and also and hopeful there will be no more bleeding from the Ulcer. She will be taking a medication for that for several weeks prior to the procedures being done during that October Procedure.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,

JOhn

John, thanks soooooooooooooooo much for your update on Cindy!!  I'm really glad she's home with those fur babies!  Your medical knowledge has really saved the day for both of you!!  I'm glad Cindy's getting an "end to end" exam in October.  Also happy to hear that you're getting an endoscopy, as well!

My granddog, Jasper, was so happy when he heard the news about Cindy, that he did a little dance!

dancin' fool.JPG

Honored Contributor

Thanks, so much, for the update, @hckynutjohn.   As others have said, don't forget that you need to take good care of yourself, too.  I continue to pray for Cindy, for you, and for the medical team.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

John, thanks soooooooooooooooo much for your update on Cindy!!  I'm really glad she's home with those fur babies!  Your medical knowledge has really saved the day for both of you!!  I'm glad Cindy's getting an "end to end" exam in October.  Also happy to hear that you're getting an endoscopy, as well!

My granddog, Jasper, was so happy when he heard the news about Cindy, that he did a little dance!

dancin' fool.JPG

Respected Contributor

Once again, I never under estimate the power of prayer; I am uplifted by your good news.   May this thread & support continue until you both are in a good place!   

Respected Contributor

Hello, hckynutjohn. Smiley Happy

I'm glad your wife is on the mend and I hope she continues to get better.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

John, I've been looking lately for news from you.  It's good, really good, to find your positive news this evening.

Prayers will continue for you as well as for Cindy, and, John, also for your doctors. We need them in peak physical and mental condition as they test, diagnose and treat the two of you.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

John, I am a firm believer that prayer is even stronger when more people engage in it. You and Cindy have a group of determined women here on the forums focusing our prayers on Cindy's recovery and keeping you strong and feeling good too John. Thank you for taking the time to update us. I'm glad the doctors found the cause of the blood loss. You saved her John when you called 911. Bleeding ulcers are no joke and you recognized the seriousness of the situation.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I'm glad she is doing better, John. Continued prayers for further recovery and lasting health for you both!!

Honored Contributor

Hi John,

Thanks for the update. Continued healing wishes for Cindy. Please take care of yourself, too.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.