Esteemed Contributor

Sending birthday balloons

[ Edited ]

I'm assuming any florist can arrange to have baloons sent as they would flowers.  I've sent flowers across country often, but before I tried anything else, I thought I would check.

These would be for a 6year old's birthday.  I've already sent her gifts, and would like to surprise her with something else on her birthday.

Parents won't allow any kind of sweets, so a cake is out.  I'm in Maryland and she is in California.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'd appreciate a share.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Sending birthday baloons

I don't know what your budget is but Vermont Country bears  has a website where you can choose a bear and have it sent.

It is pricey but they do such a wonderful job. The bear is sent in a box with air holes in it. 

Such fun to buy for kids. 

Trusted Contributor

Google fromyouflowers.com

You can send balloons only or with a bear.

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I'm assuming any florist can arrange to have baloons sent as they would flowers.  I've sent flowers across country often, but before I tried anything else, I thought I would check.

These would be for a 6year old's birthday.  I've already sent her gifts, and would like to surprise her with something else on her birthday.

Parents won't allow any kind of sweets, so a cake is out.  I'm in Maryland and she is in California.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'd appreciate a share.  

Honored Contributor

If you google it, there are many places, including one called one eight hundred balloons. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you looked at 1-800-balloons?  Lots of cute birthday balloon collections to pick from.  It would operate just like ordering flowers or a Vermont teddy bear online.

Honored Contributor

GMTA, @Krimpette!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if all florists send balloon bouquets but many FTD florists do.

One of my favorite birthday memories was receiving a 51 balloon bouquet for my 50th birthday--one for each year and a "special" one to "grow" on.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Balloons?  I’ve been seeing so many Unicorn balloons on

social media...even my grocery store has them at the register.

So big & pretty, especially for a little girl! 🌸🦄

E54B229A-13CC-479E-9609-3B694FBA0A9E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

What fun! So thoughtful and I think it is a wonderful idea!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman

call radebaugh florists in the maryland area. they can pretty much do anything. PLUS, if anything goes wrong, you can contact them directly. a great local company.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein