Frequent Contributor

Re: Senator's Wife Wages Medical Battle

Research has been conducted on the link between cell phone usage and brain tumors. It is alarming info.  When using a cell phone..it is best to use a blue-tooth or put the phone on "speaker".  Avoid phone contact with the head as much as possible.

Respected Contributor

We have a family member with this cancer (and others). After 3 surgeries they are done opening his brain. Luckily he has age on his side. He has outlived what the doctors predicted 

Esteemed Contributor

Our prayers are going out to Mrs  Bayh & her family at this sad time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This happened this morning. My carpet cleaner, Martin, was here and walked into the kitchen to fill his cleaning machine with hot water. We started talking about age - and I told him I was 77 yrs and he said he was 37.yrs. He told me that a family member passed away at 65 yrs old - and I told him that my mother also passed away at 65 yrs. from cancer. He looked at me - and I then said that I'm a cancer (ovarian) survivor of 12 years -- and my doctor, Dr. Hogan, saved my life. He said that Dr. Hogan lives at the beach and his dad lives a block away and they're great friends. The 3 of them play golf every weekend. What's even crazier is that at the time I had cancer, I was a member of a Jewish Temple called Chabad -- and my Rabbi asked me the name of my surgeon - who I hadn't met yet. My Rabbi called me back after checking him out - and said that Dr. Hogan is one of the best surgeons (I immediately felt relief) - and that Dr. Hogan's wife is Jewish and she's a member of the Temple. Dr. Hogan is Irish - and Martin and his dad are from Ireland. Just an amazing conversation.

Martin is going to tell Dr. Hogan this weekend that I'm his customer.