Trusted Contributor

My mistake, it was sent Fedex.  He sent me a photo from Fedex with the box at his front door.

I did my part.  I have no control after that.  It's a house in the Bronx, NY, closer to Pelham for those of you who are familiar of the area.  I just checked his FB page.  He certainly likes Christmas and there wasn't anything to make me go "hmmmm ... ".

I haven't responded to his message to me re the box being taken.  It was insured but Fedex did their part - they delivered it.  

I will respond to him with a simple statement and see where it goes from there.  And learn from this.

thank you everyone for your assistance.

Honored Contributor

IMO the guy is running a scam.  I bet he does this frequently.  Tell him sorry about your luck, take it up with UPS.

@roeroe1005 

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

Personally I would not refund the money but submit a Lost/Stolen claim with UPS.  You held up your end of the bargain by shipping the product and the product arrived as you and the buyer both have proof of delivery.  I fear that this may likely be a scam.

I have tried multiple times to sell items on Marketplace and end up frustrated by all of the scammers.

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie,

that was my first thought too.  

Respected Contributor

roeroe1005 wrote:     

My mistake, it was sent Fedex.  He sent me a photo from Fedex with the box at his front door.

I did my part.  I have no control after that.  It's a house in the Bronx, NY, closer to Pelham for those of you who are familiar of the area.  I just checked his FB page.  He certainly likes Christmas and there wasn't anything to make me go "hmmmm ... ".

I haven't responded to his message to me re the box being taken.  It was insured but Fedex did their part - they delivered it.  

I will respond to him with a simple statement and see where it goes from there.  And learn from this.

thank you everyone for your assistance.

Regular Contributor

First of all, if this was Facebook Marketplace I would stop selling things there. Nothing but scammers.  You did your part, once it's delivered and there's proof, it's not your fault someone stole it. He/she should have been home to get the package. Do not refund.

Honored Contributor

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

First of all, if this was Facebook Marketplace I would stop selling things there. Nothing but scammers.  You did your part, once it's delivered and there's proof, it's not your fault someone stole it. He/she should have been home to get the package. Do not refund.

I belong to two neighborhood groups on FB and they say it all the time about the Marketplace and scammers.

Respected Contributor

I've bought stuff from ebay and pinterest and the seller clearly states on their site that they are not responsible for stolen packages in their shipping description.  I know that up front before I buy.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@roeroe1005  I have never sold anything on Marketplace but have bought a lot of appliances.

I get packages delivered by UPS often and they have never sent a picture to me. I know Amazon does it.

I would not refund his money because the package was delivered.

Maybe you can Goodle and see what you can find. Sorry this happened to you.

@Sage04    I, too, have never gotten a photo from UPS.  I can't imagine their driver taking the time to do that.  They can't even ring a doorbell.  Did you see the picture?

@roeroe1005   I don't think you have any choice but to refund his money and make a claim on the package insurance

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't refund the money.  I would tell him, sorry, it's really an issue between him and FedEx to sort out.  Tell him once you ship the package, it is no longer your responsibility. 

If he lives in an area that is known to have a problem with 
"porch pirates", he should have made arrangements to ship it to a place that is safer, or made different arrangements.