Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars He could have taken the photo himself. UPS does NOT take photos. I think he's a thief trying to get his money back.

I'd tell him to hit the road.

UPS won't reimburse her unless it was insured.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Amazon, WalMart, DHL, Shipt and Door Dash in my area take photos.

@Snowpuppy 

FedEX also sends pictures here.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids  I wasn't saying that UPS took the photo. My point was that showing a fake or real picture of the package delivered doesn't work in his favor.  It doesn't matter if UPS took it or he took it or it's fake but saying he has a photo of the package delivered to him outside his door works in the OP's favor.  Plus she has tracking numbers.  It's just weird to even ask the op for money back at all.  So, he is probably a scammer or just very immature.  I'd tell him to hit the road too. Also, I don't know if UPS would pay for a theft of a parcel after it had been delivered, but I do know that UPS packages are automatically insured  (for damage, lost packages) up to a certain amount.  You don't pay xtra for that - only if you want the package insured for more.

Valued Contributor

Could he possibly mean he took a picture off his Ring, Blink or other video security system of the UPS driver delivering package?

Esteemed Contributor

If it's not a lot of money, I'd probably just write it off. Good karma! 

Honored Contributor

Check your tracking info.  If there is proof of delivery, that's the end of it.  Anything beyond that is not your responsibility.

Honored Contributor

Re: Selling on Marketplace

[ Edited ]

deleted

Respected Contributor

If he has proof of delivery, he just shot himself in the foot. After it was delivered into his care, he is the only one responsible for someone stealing it. That's like saying you're not going to pay for a car that was stolen or anything in his home that was stolen. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me and sounds fishy. I think this is his loss, not yours. Good luck, lots of shady people out here!

Honored Contributor

I'd say you did what you promised. It's up to him to prove it was stolen.

It sounds like a scam to me.

You might require a delivery signature in the future.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Selling on Marketplace

[ Edited ]

If the package was stolen, it's not your fault. Tell him to file a police report. Don't ask him for a copy. If he happens to send you a copy (real or forged), call the police department shown on the report to verify if it's real.