Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@roeroe1005  I have never sold anything on Marketplace but have bought a lot of appliances.

I get packages delivered by UPS often and they have never sent a picture to me. I know Amazon does it.

I would not refund his money because the package was delivered.

Maybe you can Goodle and see what you can find. Sorry this happened to you.

@Sage04    I, too, have never gotten a photo from UPS.  I can't imagine their driver taking the time to do that.  They can't even ring a doorbell.  Did you see the picture?

@roeroe1005   I don't think you have any choice but to refund his money and make a claim on the package insurance

Why would Fedex refund a claim made by her if it clearly was delivered? They aren't responsible for porch pirates.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Selling on Marketplace

[ Edited ]

@roeroe1005,  is the buyer asking for a refund or simply advising you that the package was stolen?

If he is looking for a refund insist on being provided with the photo from UPS (I've never received a photo with my numerous UPS package deliveries) AND a certified police report before you even begin negotiating with him.

ETA:  Just saw your correction from UPS to FedEx.  They do now take photos so you should request the FedEx photo.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

I sell on marketplace often. I put in my listing cash only and they must pick it up at my home.

It's a well known scam on marketplace, sorry you experienced this.

I've had UPS and Amazon both take photos of delivery, once they took a photo of my pup and item delivered.

Esteemed Contributor

@AlsaceGal wrote:

I sell on marketplace often. I put in my listing cash only and they must pick it up at my home.

It's a well known scam on marketplace, sorry you experienced this.

I've had UPS and Amazon both take photos of delivery, once they took a photo of my pup and item delivered.

@AlsaceGal  you let them come to your home? That's a no no!! Even the Police would tell you that.

Contributor

There is proof it was delivered.  Not your fault it was stolen.  I wouldn't refund any money.  Save the pic!

Esteemed Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

My mistake, it was sent Fedex.  He sent me a photo from Fedex with the box at his front door.

I did my part.  I have no control after that.  It's a house in the Bronx, NY, closer to Pelham for those of you who are familiar of the area.  I just checked his FB page.  He certainly likes Christmas and there wasn't anything to make me go "hmmmm ... ".

I haven't responded to his message to me re the box being taken.  It was insured but Fedex did their part - they delivered it.  

I will respond to him with a simple statement and see where it goes from there.  And learn from this.

thank you everyone for your assistance.

@roeroe1005  tell him you would need a police report before you could file a claim.

Respected Contributor

Are you sure the photo sent was from UPS? I get boxes from them on my porch and have never been sent a picture..only from FedEx and Amazon.

Contributor

Send him the information and let him file a claim.  You did your part.  I NEVER ship on Marketplace as most are scammers.  The same thing happened with Ebay so I quit selling there.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

First of all, if this was Facebook Marketplace I would stop selling things there. Nothing but scammers.  You did your part, once it's delivered and there's proof, it's not your fault someone stole it. He/she should have been home to get the package. Do not refund.

I belong to two neighborhood groups on FB and they say it all the time about the Marketplace and scammers.

@CelticCrafter  I love Marketplace. We do not buy anything that has to be mailed to us. Everything is pick up in my area at a safe location.

Esteemed Contributor

Who gets the picture? Fedex delivered two packages this morning and one last week but I did not get a picture. Maybe it isn't done in my area.

They send me delivery updates and also when it is delivered, but that's it.