Honored Contributor

Re: Selling my husband's Truck

I have always found it a little weird that people become emotionally attached to their cars.  My dear sister was like that.  She was fixated upon driving as well, long after she should have stopped.

In 2012, I bought a brand new top of the line Kia Forte.  I drove it about two weeks when I and my daughter realized I was having some difficulty driving it because of my RA limitations.  Also my perceptions were a little off.

I had been driving since age 17 and I had always prided myself as being a good driver.  I realized then and there I had to stop driving and have never driven since.  My daughter lives with me and she drives the car.  

This is was not a huge personal loss to me, but maybe that’s just me.  I just felt I would become a hazard on the road to myself and to others.

I realize I’m probably in the minority on this topic.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@ScrapHappy  Have you considered eBay?  HUGE audience there.

Yes.  He actually purchased the corvette from Ebay.  Totally remodeled the entire thing, took 6 years.  Now, the place he has the car up for sell with also has it listed on Ebay.  He has three months left with this place, if it doesn't sell he's going to bring it home and try selling it on his own.