Honored Contributor

Re: Selling my husband's Truck

@gidgetgh  you are going through a great deal right now. Take care of yourself, and don't let anyone lay a guilt trip on you.You do what is best  for  you. Stay strong , you are a wonderful person

Respected Contributor

Yes, a man and his truck. Hard to let go of.

Also, It seems much harder for men to not be able to or to be told not to drive.

Perhaps, just get it running and get someone familiar with driving a truck to take him out for quick spins around your area a few times a week. That might  make him happy to get out in it and also keep the truck up and running for when you do sell it.

My husband is a truck guy - and his truck is his baby.

Good luck.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I totally hear you on this.  You are handling it very well.  Unless someone has been in your shoes or like that, may not understand.  Good luck to you both, one day at a time. I'm sure you're acting in the best interest of both of you.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@1Snickers wrote:

@gidgetgh  My 1966 Mistang is sitting in the garage and my son hasn’t moved it in 2 years because it wouldn’t start.

I’m certain the battery is bad and tires are flat. He has another at his house that is the same way. 

The cars have sentimental value but are just deteriorating and taking up space. 

I have threatened to have mine hauled off but it’s in both of our names. 

I hope you can sell the truck!

@1Snickers   A 66 Mustang could be worth 10K-50K, but I'm sure you know it's a valuable classic car.   Don't have it hauled off!  Woman LOL

@1Snickers  is it his car or yours?  Get a new title. 

Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't sell it.  It seems to give him some comfort and losing it might be devastating.  It doesn't seem like you need the money or the space.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetghplease don´t sell the truck. Even if you have to get someone to take him for a drive on a Sunday afternoon, please do so. Even if he just wants to go to the garage and look at it daily, it´s ok. I´m sure you know what could happen if you sold HIS truck. I´ve seen this happen but I won´t spell it out.

This makes me very sad.

Esteemed Contributor

@CAMOGIRL  I didn´t realize we were saying the same thing because I was so upset that I stop reading the posts and went to posting.

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Also, It seems much harder for men to not be able to or to be told not to drive.

Perhaps, just get it running and get someone familiar with driving a truck to take him out for quick spins around your area a few times a week. That might  make him happy to get out in it and also keep the truck up and running for when you do sell it.

Good luck.

@CAMOGIRL - he doesn’t consider his truck his baby. He considers it a mode of transportation. He isn’t attached to it like that. He doesn’t even pay attention to it at all. Which is why it hasn’t been serviced in years. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Good luck.

@CAMOGIRL - he doesn’t consider his truck his baby. He considers it a mode of transportation. He isn’t attached to it like that. He doesn’t even pay attention to it at all. Which is why it hasn’t been serviced in years. 

Then YOU do what YOU feel is best.

Don't listen to those who try to belittle you, and stay strong.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   Yes, life changes are challenging. After reading your post, I feel you are facing this decision about your husband and his car in a sensitive and caring  and loving way....but also taking a firm stance on doing this because you know it is best.  ((Hugs)) 🙂❤️