Honored Contributor

Self Driving Cars. No, just no.

I can’t think of an idea that seems stupider than self driving cars. I’m not into getting one. Do you think I’ll be eating my words in five years? Would you ever want one?

Honored Contributor

Re: Self Driving Cars. No, just no.

I don't really think about it at this point.   But, hey, they would probably have a better record than the ones with drivers who text/etc while they drive!

Honored Contributor

The world we live in is the world we watched on TV 50/60 years ago.  We dreamed that this day would come.  Now, it appears it's all a nightmare.  Be careful what you wish for.

No, I don't trust them any more than any other driver on the road.  Me, included. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

At this moment, I'm saying no but I'm not afraid of new things and self driving cars will be the norm, sooner than we want to think.  I'm 58, so it's only matter of how quickly they become available for the average person.  It won't be tomorrow or even 5 years from now but if self driving cars are the norm in 10 or 15 years....I'll be 73....so, yes.  I will have one.  As the saying goes; never say never.

Honored Contributor

I can't even stand "Cruise Control" and refuse to use it....  I wantt 110% control of my vehicle.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@Q4u, I won’t use cruise control either! It drives DH nuts when I tell him I won’t feel like I am in control of the car. I can’t imagine ever getting into a self driving car. 

Valued Contributor

I never use cruise control either.  I like to be in control and I think drivers become too complacent with cc on.

Valued Contributor

If you want something stupider, how about driverless tractor-trailers?

Honored Contributor

no

I like to control my own vechicle.

Honored Contributor

My car has the ability to drive itself, however, I won't allow it.