Respected Contributor

Re: Seen This Morning on my Walk

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@vermint wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@vermint wrote:

We just adopted a Lab/Great Pyrenese mix on Sunday, and are fortunate to be able to bring him to work with us. So...we've been taking walks at lunch. I work downtown in a small city, and it's just dead down here! I hadn't been out the front door of the office since all this started, so I was kind of shocked at the difference. We're taking advantage of less traffic and fewer people to do some serious dog-walking training. "Coach" is a big boy at 120 pounds, and he pulls on the leash! Anyway, the quiet is kind of eerie.

@vermint 

There are a number of Great Pyrenees in my neighborhood and one big guy has been sitting out on his front lawn every day as I pass by.  Such a sweetie.

Awww! If he's anything like as sweet as mine, he's definitely a great dog. We're seeing a number of GP mixes here lately, mostly mixed with Lab.

@vermint 

Friends of mine adopted a GP/Basset Hound mix not long ago.  He's a real character!!

@QueenDanceALot  I imagine he's an "interesting" looking dog!

Trusted Contributor

A lot of you are very fortunate to live in spacious areas with your own back yards so that you have the ability to keep a safe distance during a crisis such as this.  Think about the challenges of people who live in a major city.  Those who live in high rise buildings and have to use elevators with others just to go outside, also getting the mail in the lobby, communal laundry rooms!  While it is relatively easy for people in rural or more suburban areas to physically distance themselves the same guidelines also apply to denser areas of your city and it is in those areas that you will find many more people who aren't able to be as safe or who won't comply with the guidelines a mayor or governor might make.  

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@vermint wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@vermint wrote:

We just adopted a Lab/Great Pyrenese mix on Sunday, and are fortunate to be able to bring him to work with us. So...we've been taking walks at lunch. I work downtown in a small city, and it's just dead down here! I hadn't been out the front door of the office since all this started, so I was kind of shocked at the difference. We're taking advantage of less traffic and fewer people to do some serious dog-walking training. "Coach" is a big boy at 120 pounds, and he pulls on the leash! Anyway, the quiet is kind of eerie.

@vermint 

There are a number of Great Pyrenees in my neighborhood and one big guy has been sitting out on his front lawn every day as I pass by.  Such a sweetie.

Awww! If he's anything like as sweet as mine, he's definitely a great dog. We're seeing a number of GP mixes here lately, mostly mixed with Lab.

@vermint 

Friends of mine adopted a GP/Basset Hound mix not long ago.  He's a real character!!

@QueenDanceALot  I imagine he's an "interesting" looking dog!

@vermint 

A Basset body (but BIG) and ears, and a GP face.

He's so cute.  

Trusted Contributor

A driveway I walked by this morning had PRAYING written in big pink chalk letters.  Wonderful!

Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

A lot of you are very fortunate to live in spacious areas with your own back yards so that you have the ability to keep a safe distance during a crisis such as this.  Think about the challenges of people who live in a major city.  Those who live in high rise buildings and have to use elevators with others just to go outside, also getting the mail in the lobby, communal laundry rooms!  While it is relatively easy for people in rural or more suburban areas to physically distance themselves the same guidelines also apply to denser areas of your city and it is in those areas that you will find many more people who aren't able to be as safe or who won't comply with the guidelines a mayor or governor might make.  

@Deree 

I get it.  One of my oldest and dearest friends lives in an apartment building in Brooklyn.  He also suffers from COPD.  He also has a number of friends in Brooklyn who are paying 0 attention to the guidelines.  He himself is working very hard to keep distance and to take care of himself but he's also trying to pound some sense into some of his non-compliant friends' skulls.

I worry about him a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

I walk every morning. It just starts my day off on a positive note. However, I wish I would see more social distancing here - I don't mind the couple that is walking (obviously husband/wife), but I do mind the neighbors/visitors that have a total disregard for this. 

Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

Not even to mention, how fortunate those are who aren't forced to procure groceries from the store. With the grocery delivery services in my area running about three weeks out from the order date, many items still out of stock and essentially not assigning delivery times other than an 8 hour window, it's becoming increasingly challenging to not go out... And then there's the whole reality of the various levels of  leadership not capably or timely addressing supply chain issues, while at the same time telling us only to go out 'if we need to'...  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...