Respected Contributor

Seeing your adult child through someone else's eyes....

My son retired this week from federal law enforcement and there has been quite a bit of celebration (and more to come at our house this weekend!) What has moved me more than I even thought it would is the words spoken and written about him by co-workers, prison officials and local civic leaders.   To see his buddies moved to tears talking about how he was their family (yes, working ten hour days with the same guys for twenty years would make them family - lots of marriages and divorces, births and deaths, graduations and kids off to the service, lots of memories.

My son is a very quiet young man so I was very pleased to see the words on his commendations and gifts from the prison system along with the personal gifts and cards.

It has been a long time since parent teacher conferences so to see his superiors and co-workers speak so highly of him made me proud.

He has served in the Army, Naval Reserves, worked for two state prisons and one federal prison and now at the age of 51 - he is retired and currently at the lake fishing.

Just wanted to share my pride Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Seeing your adult child through someone else's eyes....

What a heart-warming thing for a parent to experience, @minkbunny.  Congratulations to you as the parent of such a person, and to your wonderful son.

Honored Contributor

It is a joy to read this @minkbunny 

Super Contributor

I can certainly feel your pride.

What wonderful accomplishments in his life and I thank him for his service.

Esteemed Contributor

@minkbunny : you did good momma. Take a bow!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@minkbunny   How wonderful!!  I can  sense how proud you are of your son. There is nothing so wonderful as a child making their parents proud!! You raised a wonderful son. Congratulations !!

Super Contributor

minkbunny-a wonderful son and law enforcement officer and a wonderful mother! Congratulations!! You should both be proud!

Respected Contributor

@minkbunny  Indeed, I can feel your pride in your words ....congratulations to you and your son's retirement!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

How lovely for you and of course congratulations to him.

Honored Contributor

Very nice. Great for you to be able to participate and hear what his peers had to say.