Honored Contributor

Re: Seeing Product Reps homes...

Some reps have said they are in their friend's or business associate's home.  

Amy, the Home Reflections rep, presented from a friend's home once.  

Angel from Quacker Factory did her recent Big Deal day this week  from a QF designer's home (their head designer was there in the background baking cookies for the Cookie Exchange Show later that day). 

Honored Contributor

How Dennis Basso Is Keeping Busy During Quarantine

https://fashionweekdaily.com/dennis-basso-isnt-slowing-down-in-quarantine/

Inside Fashion Designer Dennis Basso's Glamorous Hamptons Getaway

https://www.cottagesgardens.com/inside-fashion-designer-dennis-bassos-glamorous-hamptons-getaway/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Wallpaper of "books"....no dusting needed!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wonder if some of those homes are empty 'show homes' used for real estate sales and are rented out for the purpose of showing stuff on TV...?

I have a feeling that the show places items on the back wall and adds some furniture to make it show well on tv. In some cases, it could be filmed in a hotel room.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wonder if some of those homes are empty 'show homes' used for real estate sales and are rented out for the purpose of showing stuff on TV...?

I have a feeling that the show places items on the back wall and adds some furniture to make it show well on tv. In some cases, it could be filmed in a hotel room.

@kivah  Uh, have you seen the report on the filthy hotel rroms now? I'd shoot from my bathroom before a hotel room.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@happycat  Have you ever seen that wallpaper that looks exactly like shelves of books? LOL

You know I think I have, in a drs office quite a while back. I'd forgotten about it though. I don't think I'd like that, myself.

Honored Contributor

I see their homes, on all the shopping channels, but I don't pay a whole of attention to their homes.  We aren't really seeing the home, we are seeing a special area that has been set up specificially for their shows.  I did that myself for my Zoom calls.  I put up posters behind me that look like artwork and there's a lovely lamp on a side table with an antique tablecloth and small photos of my grandchildren.  My co-worker complimented me on my beautiful home office and commented that she wished she had a big home office like mine.  I had to laugh to myself.  My big beautiful office is actually a corner of my living room.   

Respected Contributor

There was a vendor a couple of weeks ago that had a bookcase behind her. The books were all covered in white and had white pages. No printing on the spine. What a criminal thing to do to a book.

We had hundreds of books but last year donated many boxes to a cause we support for their annual book sale.

We still have hundreds. We are keeping the first editions and inherited books but are giving up most of the rest. ------just to add we always come home from the book sale with another box of books.