Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,057
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Second dose fiasco at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami

[ Edited ]

@Linmo wrote:

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be a game-changer once it is approved and distributed.  One dose is 85% effective against serious illness and death from COVID and it can be stored at normal refridgeration temperatures.  


It's also protective against the SA variant, though not 85% effective.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,863
Registered: ‎03-29-2019

Re: Second dose fiasco at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami


@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Perhaps I missed this in the news. but just WHY is a second shot even necessary?  Is the first dose too weak?   What a hassle for everyone!  

 

When the doses were being created for FDA approval, they should have been sent back to the drawing board to create a one dose vaccine.   

 

IMO, if they can create a one dose vaccine for polio or shingles, why can't they do this for covid?  Anyone know the answer to this?  


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

@Tinkrbl44 

 

 

 

 

The shingles shot is TWO doses.

 

 

I should know, I go in for my SECOND shot this week.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 131
Registered: ‎12-15-2020

Re: Second dose fiasco at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami

If you want to be first, you put up with the problems.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,415
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

Re: Second dose fiasco at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami

My guess is that since covid vaccine is unapproved by the FDA, and such a short testing time, that it is given in 2 diluted injections so any adverse reactions would be less prevalent.  A safety issue.

Fear Is Incomplete Knowledge---Agatha Christie
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,057
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Second dose fiasco at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami

I wish people would stick to the topic of the original post .

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,266
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Second dose fiasco at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami

It looks like a lot of confused people created chaos rather than follow instructions.  There is specific information what to do if not contacted with an appointment, per info readily available online and the Miami Herald, probably other Miami info outlets, as well.  Patience can be difficult for elderly people in this kind of situation. 

 

What Miami might have done was the way it was handled in my state.  I was given the second appointment date and time when I was given the first one.  That said, I live in a much smaller county which possibly made a difference in what the officials felt they could count on for supply.  

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,057
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Second dose fiasco at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami


@Free2be wrote:

It looks like a lot of confused people created chaos rather than follow instructions.  There is specific information what to do if not contacted with an appointment, per info readily available online and the Miami Herald, probably other Miami info outlets, as well.  Patience can be difficult for elderly people in this kind of situation. 

 

What Miami might have done was the way it was handled in my state.  I was given the second appointment date and time when I was given the first one.  That said, I live in a much smaller county which possibly made a difference in what the officials felt they could count on for supply.  

 

 


@Free2be @This new info just came out. It's also a link to Emergency Management and then you fill in a text box there. It's not dedicated to only vaccination issues. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 571
Registered: ‎07-17-2019

Re: Second dose fiasco at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami

@Mindy D  My friend went to Tropical Park. No card for return vaccine. Told she would receive email. Waiting....

 

Got my 2nd dose on Thursday at Cleveland Clinic. Very efficient. In an out.

However, we did have bad chills about 12 hours after and the following night. 

Also, google Covid arm. USA Today Jan 28? This is new term. 
My husband had this 1st dose Moderna...went to doctor who diagnosed as cellulitis and gave 10 days antibiotics.

Now, I got it with 2nd dose. My doctor showed me article, no antibiotics.Not cellulitis!

 

There is a lot of unknowns out there and many uninformed people!

Still have to wear masks. This needs to be said. Many in denial if it hasn't affected them badly.
Very serious in this state. We take hurricanes seriously. We need to think that way.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,803
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Second dose fiasco at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami


@Mindy D wrote:

I wish people would stick to the topic of the original post .


@Mindy D No reason at all too.  It isn't a mid-term test.

 

Other questions and topics arose in the discussion, people are interested in responding, and it's a discussion.  Not a quiz.  Let's be happy information is being passed along--as we understand it--and answers are being given by people who want to share what they know or think. . . 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,335
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Second dose fiasco at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami


@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Perhaps I missed this in the news. but just WHY is a second shot even necessary?  Is the first dose too weak?   What a hassle for everyone!  

 

When the doses were being created for FDA approval, they should have been sent back to the drawing board to create a one dose vaccine.   

 

IMO, if they can create a one dose vaccine for polio or shingles, why can't they do this for covid?  Anyone know the answer to this?  


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

@Tinkrbl44 

 

 

The shingles shot is TWO doses.

 

I should know, I go in for my SECOND shot this week.


@Anonymous032819 

 

I've had the shingles shot and it was just one dose.  When I was a kid, the polio vaccine was a one shot deal as well.  Hmm.  I'm seeing my doctor this week and will ask her what I have had.  There was no mention of a second shot ... for anything.