Honored Contributor

Re: Sears and KMart closing more stores

the one and only sears store in my whole state was given the notice to close by I believe 1 July.

there is a sears private owned store in my small town. it is just a tiny little store that carries sears brands, no clothes just more appliances and such.

don't know if that store is closed. won't go over to that little strip mall till next week. my hair salon is next to that sears store. 

Valued Contributor

At one time Sears was a wonderful place to work. However over the years they hired CEO's that wanted quick results in the ledger and they began to destroy the relationship with both the employees and the customers. If you fire the long time full employees and hire only part timers you save on hourly wages and benefits. You also lose the customers because now the service isn't good. Satisfaction Guaranteed was the slogan that you don't see on any of the few stores still open now. Sears management has slowly killed what was once a great place to work. At one time you could meet employees that had worked there for 40 years and still wanted to stay. There were whole families that were employed there. Now, Rest in Peace.

Valued Contributor

Makes it really difficult if you have Sears products and need parts....my neighbors riding lawn mower and our vacuum cleaners. 

Honored Contributor

Sears 10001 N Metro Parkway West Phoenix AZ

Sears 100 S Puente Hills Mall City Industry CA

Sears 7902 Citrus Park Town Center Tampa FL

Sears 320 Towne Center Circle Sanford FL

Sears 2201 Henderson Mill Road N.E. Atlanta GA

Sears 1300 Southlake Mall Morrow GA

Sears 2100 Pleasant Hill Road Duluth GA

Sears 320 W Kimberly Road Davenport IA

Sears #2 Hawthorn Center Vernon Hills IL

Sears #2 Fox Valley Center Aurora IL

Sears 6136 W Grand Avenue Gurnee IL

Sears 104 West White Oaks Mall Springfield IL

Sears 2415 Sagamore Pkwy S Lafayette IN

Sears 40 Muncie Mall Muncie IN

Sears 6020 E 82Nd Street Indianapolis IN

Sears 1781 Sw Wanamaker Road Topeka KS

Sears Alexandria Mall Alexandria LA

Sears Hwys 114 & 128 Peabody MA

Sears Eastfield Mall Springfield MA

Sears 3191 S Linden Road Flint MI

Sears 18900 Michigan Avenue Dearborn MI

Sears 14100 Lakeside Circle Sterling Heights MI

Sears 1212 S Airport Road W Traverse City MI

Sears Shingle Creek Crossing Brooklyn Ctr MN

Sears Miller Hill Mall Duluth MN

Sears 250 S County Center Way St. Louis MO

Sears #1 Chesterfield Mall Chesterfield MO

Sears 1000 Turtle Creek Drive Hattiesburg MS

Sears 1515 Grand Avenue Billings MT

Sears 2800 S Columbia Road Grand Forks ND

Sears 300 Quaker Bridge Mall Lawrenceville NJ

Sears 2341 Rt 66 Ocean NJ

Sears 2501 Mt Holly Road Burlington NJ

Sears 10000 Coors Bypass N.W. Albuquerque NM

Sears 3649 Erie Blvd E De Witt / Syracuse NY

Sears 2400 Elida Road Lima OH

Sears 17271 Southpark Center Strongsville OH

Sears 300 S Hills Village Pittsburgh / South Hills PA

Sears 1000 Robinson Center Drive Pittsburgh PA

Sears 205 W Blackstock Road Spartanburg SC

Sears 3101 N Main Street Anderson SC

Sears 3400 Empire Mall Sioux Falls SD

Sears 2931 Knoxville Center Drive Knoxville TN

Sears 2401 S Stemmons Freeway Lewisville TX

Sears 1800 Green Oaks Road Fort Worth TX

Sears 11200 Lakeline Mall Drive Cedar Park TX

Sears Golden Triangle Mall Denton TX

Sears 4502 S Steele Street Tacoma WA

Kmart 910 North China Lake Blvd Ridgecrest CA

Kmart 9881 W 58Th Avenue Arvada CO

Kmart 5400 E Busch Blvd Tampa FL

Kmart 4303 Nawiliwili Road Lihue HI

Kmart 2535 Hubbell Avenue Des Moines IA

Kmart 5909 E State Street Rockford IL

Kmart 4070 Ryan Street Lake Charles LA

Kmart 215 North Central Avenue Duluth MN

Kmart 24 34 Barbour Avenue Passaic / Clifton NJ

Kmart 2100 Carlisle Avenue Albuquerque NM

Kmart 1000 Montauk Highway West Babylon NY

Kmart 25301 Rockaway Blvd Rosedale NY

Kmart 12350 N E Sandy Blvd Portland OR

Kmart 1072 Mountain Laurel Plaza Latrobe PA

Kmart 5000 San Dario Laredo TX

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

It also makes it Very Difficult when one has worked for the Company all their adult life.  3 years to retirement, and you get up every morning to go to work, and wonder...  Will the doors be locked today?  Smiley Sad

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The K-Mart stores have been long gone.....their stores were dirty and their prices weren't that great.....

They are closing 1 Sears store here it was in a small mall that is also dying and is literally right across the street from a huge fancy upscale mall......

However, there are  3 Sears stores left here--

Ingram Mall

Rolling Oaks

South Park Mall

These malls are doing well EXCEPT you never see anyone in Sears...people just walk through to get to their parking spot in the parking lot.....

SAD because you could count on Craftsman tools, Kenmore appliances, and other items from Sears in its heyday---but the guy that took over made a HUGE mistake when the 2 struggling stores Kmart/Sears merged. 

I read an interview with the CEO, he's a real estate mogul and didnt really seem interested in the retail business....CEO Eddie Lampert's solution involves selling assets to the company he controls, possibly including Sears' remaining real estate.  He's not only is Sears Holdings' chairman and CEO, but its largest investor. The other half of his business world is ESL Investments, where he also serves as chairman and CEO, which deals largely in real estate. He has a financial background, having worked at Goldman Sachs.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

The K-Mart stores have been long gone.....their stores were dirty and their prices weren't that great.....

They are closing 1 Sears store here it was in a small mall that is also dying and is literally right across the street from a huge fancy upscale mall......

Ingram Mall

Rolling Oaks

South Park Mall

These malls are doing well EXCEPT you never see anyone in Sears...people just walk through to get to their parking spot in the parking lot.....

SAD because you could count on Craftsman tools, Kenmore appliances, and other items from Sears in its heyday---but the guy that took over made a HUGE mistake when the 2 struggling stores Kmart/Sears merged. 

I read an interview with the CEO, he's a real estate mogul and didnt really seem interested in the retail business....CEO Eddie Lampert's solution involves selling assets to the company he controls, possibly including Sears' remaining real estate.  He's not only is Sears Holdings' chairman and CEO, but its largest investor. The other half of his business world is ESL Investments, where he also serves as chairman and CEO, which deals largely in real estate. He has a financial background, having worked at Goldman Sachs.

@Spurt  I think Rolling Oaks was supposed to go up on the auction block in some type of lease buy-back for properties owned there by Sears.

I haven't kept up with the Sears news; it used to be tools for DH and returns for Lands End for me. 

Ingram Mall is the pits.  I'm surprised the whole mall hasn't shut down.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Ingram Mall

Rolling Oaks

South Park Mall

@Spurt  I think Rolling Oaks was supposed to go up on the auction block in some type of lease buy-back for properties owned there by Sears.

I haven't kept up with the Sears news; it used to be tools for DH and returns for Lands End for me. 

@Cakers3

That's interesting about Rolling Oaks......I dont go there often, but theres always lots of cars in the parking lot...

The last time I was at Ingram was way back in February I had gone to that At Home store and was in the area....the mall was mess they were in the midst of remodeling it was all torn up.....I went into Dillards and then quickly left....

These days I shop mostly at The Forum or The Rim and go to Dillards/Macys/Barnes & Noble across the street at La Cantera....Although I HATE that open concept mall.....not fun in the 100 degree heat...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Ingram Mall

Rolling Oaks

South Park Mall

@Cakers3

That's interesting about Rolling Oaks......I dont go there often, but theres always lots of cars in the parking lot...

The last time I was at Ingram was way back in February I had gone to that At Home store and was in the area....the mall was mess they were in the midst of remodeling it was all torn up.....I went into Dillards and then quickly left....

These days I shop mostly at The Forum or The Rim and go to Dillards/Macys/Barnes & Noble across the street at La Cantera....Although I HATE that open concept mall.....not fun in the 100 degree heat...

@Spurt  Same here for the Rim and LaCantera. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

The Sears store at the Tacoma Mall in Washington state is scheduled to close in September from reading the Tacoma local newspaper's website. It's not a surprise though as Sear's lease at the mall expires in 2 years and wasn't going to be renewed.

Earlier this year the Simon Property Group that own the Tacoma Mall filed papers with the city to tear down the Sears end of the mall and replace it with a movie theater. It's rather ironic as there used to be a movie theatre complex on the mall property but it wasn't attached to the mall. That complex got torn down years ago and was replaced by a Krispy Kreme donut store.

I guess Sears in the U.S. is on its last legs. I doubt it will last much longer. I'll have to remember to get or have a family member buy an extra garage door keychain remote as we have a Sears garage door opener.