Respected Contributor

Re: Searchers find Noah Chamberlin dead

@colliegirls wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

None of us know what really transpired with this tragedy, but when children die there is usually an investigation that may result in a charge of child endangerment or child neglect.  I assume everything is being looked at carefully.

The authorities have ruled it a tragic accident.

They don't suspect foul play.

Child neglect or endangerment is not foul play. Those charges are brought if it is felt a child was not supervised properly.  I am not saying that is the case here.

@Plaid Pants2 @colliegirls, I think both of you are making valid points. Based on my experience as a former child protective services worker and what appear to be the circumstances of this case, here's what I think. While out for a nature walk in woods with a number of paths and trails, the grandmother (GM) was tending/helping the 4yo for a few minutes. Noah got out of her sight and didn't, wouldn't or couldn't respond loudly enough to be heard. GM, with 4yo in tow, rushes around in all directions; totally panics; may not have her phone with her to call parents or other help. Little Noah hides/gets further away, etc. GM has to get 4yo situated and/or go for phone/wait for help while still looking/probably shouting for Noah. 

For those insisting a 2yo can't go far, they can and do in just a few minutes, plus several days are involved. IMO, from what is currently known about the circumstances, charges of neglect or endangerment are not indicated in this case. PLUS, the 4yo was part of the scenario and witnessed the events.