Honored Contributor

Re: Search Warrant for Brian Laundrie

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I believe there is a Part 2 on Dr. Phil today. 

Next up:  Law and Order, SVU episode with a disclaimer that the episode may be similar but not base on a current story.  After the mess with the Chandra Levy murder case, L&O has backed off somewhat.

I am sorry that Gabby's dad felt he needed to reach out to Dr. Phil and understand he wanted to talk about his daughter.  But Dr. Phil would have found a way to worm himself into this anyway.

I think the more people who cover this the better.  The main reason they knew where to search is because a concerned citizen released a photo of the van they had taken while on a trip.  Thank you for the information about Dr. Phil I just set my VCR.  I had no Idea someone actually saw the fiance hit her and that is why another concerned citizen called the police.  This is a perfect example of see something do something.  The citizen did what they were suppose to do and then the ball got dropped.

@sunshine 919   Now the report has changed from Brian slapping her to giving her a shove.

No excuse, either way.  It just goes to show how stories change.

The story has not changed. He slapped and shoved her.

@mom2four0418   The 911 call said he was slapping her.  I know that.

I'm talking about the police video where Gabby said she hit him with her phone and he said he shoved her to keep her from taking the keys to the van.

They were pulled over for speeding and I don't believe the 911 call was the reason they were pulled over.

@goldensrbest   I'm following police reports, not some source beaming down from the moon.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Agree with @mom2four0418 . Listen to the 911 tape online. The caller to 911 says Laundrie was slapping her. The caller witnessed the event.

@Pearlee   I know this.  The 911 call is a different incident.  I'm referring to the police report where Laundrie said he shoved her to keep her from taking the keys and Gabby said she hit him with her cell phone.

They had obviously been fighting in at least two different locations.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

If she was attacking him, evidence indicates she was, shoving her away from him was reasonable and excusable. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Cakers3 

If she was attacking him, evidence indicates she was, shoving her away from him was reasonable and excusable. 

@occasionalrain   I disagree that it was excusable.  Neither seem to be able to handle a mature relationship.  Slapping, hitting, shoving, etc. indicate a relationship built on impulsive reactions.

The 911 call also said that they were running up and down the street before getting back into the van.  It is not clear if he was chasing her; only that he was slapping her.

The shoving incident was not part of the 911 call; it was admitted to the police when they were pulled over for speeding.

Clearly the physical actions happened more than once; who instigated doesn't matter, imo.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

That doesn't make sense about the "Stan" text back to mom.

Brian would of known her grandfather's name was Stan, I'm sure she talked about him and he knew the family?

So really who had the phone?

I agree about that.  I would think he knew whatever she called her grandfather (Pop Pop, Grandpa, whatever) and he would have used that term instead of Stan.

I posted a story from Newsweek in the other thread about Gabby hitting Brian and (Moab?) police were called.  Now they have witnesses that Brian hit Gabby, too?

Can't find that article as they are all about Brian hitting/slapping Gabby.

Honored Contributor

I saw scratches or nicks on Brian's face where it looked like he got some kind of injury from something or someone. I saw that in some of the last videos of him when the police were having words with him.

Honored Contributor

He may have been slapping the phone away. However, she had no marks, no injuries, while he had visible scratches on his face. The police reported her as the perpetrator and him as the victim and one of the police officers was a woman.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm  (Moab?) 

Moab is a city in eastern Utah.

Honored Contributor

The fact is she is dead,so it seems,he was alive,was able to return home, she was not able to do so.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

He may have been slapping the phone away. However, she had no marks, no injuries, while he had visible scratches on his face. The police reported her as the perpetrator and him as the victim and one of the police officers was a woman.

She was probably scared, i wish she had asked for help.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.