Honored Contributor

Re: Search Warrant for Brian Laundrie

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I haven't heard an official cause of death so how can anyone be charged of a crime??

The autopsy,is today.

@goldensrbest   The autopsy still will not prove he killed her.  We just do not know if a stranger killed her.  Even if homicide is the conclusion.

All suspicion points to Brian but there still is nothing to pin this on him,

His behavior could point to guilt and it could point to his own fear of being charged with something he did not do.

We just do not have all the facts; no comments from his parents, now he is missing, the sister claims she never spoke to him-the list is long

I'm not saying he killed her and I am not saying that he did not.  We can speculate but that is all we can do.  We do not know all the issues that the investigators are holding close the to the vest right now.

I would imagine forensics still need to be used and forensic psychology.

We just do not know.  People want it to be Brian and that etches his guilt.

However, there are huge red flags of battered woman syndrome and that is very troubling.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Northern Belle 2 wrote:

In reading through the replies,  I didn't realize that Brian was from NY as well. I knew that Gabby was, but not him.  Did Gabby know Brian in NY and move to FL with him?  I just figured that she moved to FL and met him once she got down there.  Not important; just curious.  My gut tells me that Brian is too much of a coward to kill himself.  My guess is that he has flown the coop and the whole story about 'hiking at the wildlife reserve' was a decoy set up with his parents to have law enforcement occupied while he left the state.  Time will tell.   I'm happy that they found Gabby quickly and that it didn't turn into a cold case.  At least it gave the family closure.   I just hope that Brian is found quickly as well.

ORLANDO SENTINEL |
SEP 20, 2021

Laundrie, 23, and Petito, 22, who had been living in North Port with Laundrie’s parents, left in July on a cross-country trip from their former hometown in Long Island, New York in a Ford Transit van documenting the trip via social media.

The childhood sweethearts met while growing up on Long Island. His parents later moved to North Port, about 35 miles south of Sarasota, Florida.

A missing persons case was opened on Sept. 11 out of New York after Petito’s family said they had not heard from her since late August. Laundrie had returned to North Port in the van on Sept. 1 without Petito.

In an interview broadcast Monday on TV’s “Dr. Phil” show, Joseph Petito, who lives in Vero Beach, Florida, said Laundrie and his daughter had dated for 2 1/2 years, and Laundrie was “always respectful.” During the interview, which was recorded before his daughter’s body was found, Petito said the couple had taken a previous road trip to California in her car and there were no problems.

“If there were, I would have discouraged going on the trip,” Petito said.

Petito said his family began worrying after several days without hearing from their daughter.

“We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said.

No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.” 

Petito said he wants Laundrie to be held accountable for whatever part he played in Gabby’s disappearance, along with his family for protecting him.

“I hope they get what’s coming, and that includes his folks,” Petito said. “Because I’ll tell you, right now, they are just as complicit, in my book.”

Honored Contributor

I believe there is a Part 2 on Dr. Phil today. 

Next up:  Law and Order, SVU episode with a disclaimer that the episode may be similar but not base on a current story.  After the mess with the Chandra Levy murder case, L&O has backed off somewhat.

I am sorry that Gabby's dad felt he needed to reach out to Dr. Phil and understand he wanted to talk about his daughter.  But Dr. Phil would have found a way to worm himself into this anyway.

Respected Contributor

Queen of shop wrote:

Just read that the attorney for the Laundrie's has canceled tomorrow's 1: PM eastern press conference. Getting weirder. Man Indifferent

The lawyer representing the family of Brian Laundrie said he's no longer holding a press conference Tuesday after speaking with the FBI.

The lawyer, Steven Bertolino, did not give any more details on the cancellation or his communication with the FBI.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 ,I simply said it was today!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Her phone,has it been found?

Honored Contributor

Anybody from Massachusetts (I'm not sure how much the story made national news) remembers the Charles Stuart case-who claimed he and his pregnant wife were shot during a robbery.  Carol Stuart and the baby died, althoug the baby did survive for 17 days until his death.

Although Charles claimed innocence, his brother finally came forward to put the crime on Charles.  Charles committed suicide by jumping off the Tobin Bridge.  His body was removed; a note was left behind but without a confession.

These cases can show how suicide can fit into the case with Gabby; and it also shows that if the investigators are closing in (we don't know all the evidence they have) somebody in Brian's family could break.

Anything is possible.  Brian could be suicidal, he could be on the run, he could have admitted everything or given his parents a major bull carp story.  We just do not know.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   And???  I gave my pov regarding the autopsy.  Was that not allowed? 

It's a discussion.  Open the door about the autopsy and remarks are sure to follow. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3  I remember that case very well.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   And???  I gave my pov regarding the autopsy.  Was that not allowed? 

It's a discussion.  Open the door about the autopsy and remarks are sure to follow. 

🤣