Trusted Contributor

Re: Scumbag people that don' take care of their animals

Working as I do in rescue efforts and organizations, its so sad to see it happen over and over. What keeps me going is how many people go out of their way to rescue, foster, adopt and help these unfortunate animals. Its so rewarding to see all the wonderful caring people and they far outweigh the abusers. I call it Gods superabounding and superabundant grace. He loves these animals and he has given so many of His children that heart of love and help for them as well.

John, thank you and thank your wife for doing this. That's what I mean about all the good people going the extra mile to help these animals. I've seen so many rescuers who spend every dime and work tirelessly to get donations to help the animals too. I know a guy that uses his plane to fly animals to destinations. I know several rescuers that goes to the pounds and rescue dying, old dogs and cats who have been abandoned because "they are too old or sick". They help them back to health if they can or they hold them and give them arms of love and comfort as they pass between worlds rather than see them die alone on a cold floor.

After accepting Jesus into my life, I studied and found out that in so many places He asked that we pray for those who are our enemies and do good to them. So hard to do for sure. But, I'm trying and I try not to wish karma or evil on any abusers due to these statements. Some days its not easy when I see a "bait dog" or one who had been dragged by a car or had acid poured on them or set on fire, etc. At times, I just say a good prayer for them and then I quit thinking about them and focus on the joy I feel to see many of these abused animals recover and enjoy happy lives being loved and appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Here are a few of the 139 purebred collies seized in a bankruptcy case near Houston, Tx. This group is scrambling for a little human attention as they are unsocialized, in poor physical condition and filthy dirty living under horrendous conditions. Several collie rescue groups in the Southwest will help Houston Collie Rescue find them new loving homes. One is coming to my house and I'll help transport a group to the Albuquerque area. Most of the dogs are Smooth Collies, the short-haired version of the breed.

Sadly, the owner of these dogs did the same thing in 2007, and the dogs were seized in a cruelty case. Nobody ever followed up on her so she went back into the breeding business.

photo imagejpg1-49.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Despite horrible conditions, look at the joyful faces on those Collies. Its hard to break the loyalty and spirit of a Collie and that is why I LOVE the breed.

Esteemed Contributor

They had an article about an actress on MTV who got a dog and went on vacation for three weeks and left it without food and water. He was skin and bones when she got back. She did not want anyone to know so she dumped the dog on the side of the road. Luckily, someone picked up the dog and brought it to a shelter. The dog recovered. I just do not understand how you could mistreat an animal. They are so innocent and loving. What is wrong with people? I am hoping that karma comes back to her. Too many sick people in this world.

Honored Contributor

If I ruled the world and owned an island in a remote location {#emotions_dlg.devil2}, I would have no trouble giving the abusers the same treatment they inflicted on the innocent animals.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Bird mama said:

If I ruled the world and owned an island in a remote location {#emotions_dlg.devil2}, I would have no trouble giving the abusers the same treatment they inflicted on the innocent animals.

If ever a person deserved that punishment it's this woman. She was closed down in 2007, and her dogs seized in a cruelty case. She had such a bad reputation that she lied to several breeders and used aliases to buy more dogs to breed. One has sued her to get her dogs back.

Then she lied to a federal judge in a bankruptcy case and said she had 35 dogs. When Houston Collie Rescue showed up to take possession, there were 97. She then had the audacity to claim that was all but the judge learned she had 19 dogs hidden away at another location. It wasn't until he ordered her handcuffed that she revealed their location.

The conditions under which she kept these dogs was horrendous. They were filthy, skinny, and several had horrid cases of mange and worms. They are unsocialized and starved for attention. The worst of the bunch are already in foster homes getting medical treatment. The rest are being spayed and neutered before being disbursed to other rescue groups for placement in new loving homes.

The final justice is that her attorney quit because he is a collie lover who had adopted a dog from Houston Collie Rescue and has made donations to them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment