Honored Contributor

Re: Scott Peterson special report with Geraldo on Saturday.

Wasn't there some sort of faux pas he made, speaking to Amber BEFORE the disappearance/death of his wife? I seem to remember him saying something about her disappearance before that actually happened.

Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Cakers1 said:

Ugh. I can't believe there is a website devoted to appealing his conviction - and they have the gall to call it "Justice for Scott, Laci, and Conner".

I'm kind of surprised there is going to be another go-round about this case; didn't the girlfriend write a book?

What a terribly tragic case. Reminds me of the Carol Stuart case in Boston back in the late 80's.

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

It's disgusting.

Super Contributor

On 3/21/2015 chickenbutt said:

Wasn't there some sort of faux pas he made, speaking to Amber BEFORE the disappearance/death of his wife? I seem to remember him saying something about her disappearance before that actually happened.

chickenbutt: I think you are right and if I remember correctly she questioned him about it. That's why it was thought that he was on his way to kill Amber, too.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Cakers1 said:

Sydney: I don't know anything about his appeal - that's interesting if it is centered on Connor. My own feeling is that since he premeditated to kill Laci, he also wanted the baby out the picture, too. After all he had to know that killing Laci would kill Conner. Although I guess I can see why it might be a scondary death, if you will.

Do you think he was planning on killing Amber too? The items in his car were scary.

I forgot to add, we also are not entirely certain exactly when Laci was killed, some of the items used were purchased in that fuzzy time period. Lugging a body around in ones car, then transporting it on a boat is not a foolproof plan imho. Secondly, no I don't think he was planning on killing Amber, he was past unhappy in his marriage to Lacy and wasn't interested in raising a child with her.

Honored Contributor

chickenbutt: I think you are right and if I remember correctly she questioned him about it. That's why it was thought that he was on his way to kill Amber, too.

I thought so, as it's stuck in my head. Smiley Happy That would also speak to the definitiveness of his PLAN to orchestrate the disappearance/death of said wife. I would think that it would be evidence to that if they could establish with some degree of certainty that he actually DID say that stuff to her.

This would pretty much kill the notion that maybe an accident happened or maybe it wasn't murder one.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/21/2015 croemer said:
On 3/20/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

I remember that case.

To be honest, it's not fair to say that Love Roses is blaming the victim. Nowhere in her post did she say that it's the victim's fault and she had it coming to her. What I think she was saying is that if (I have to say if because I have no idea if that part of the case was true or not) the victim did do those things, than Scott Peterson simply used that as a lame excuse to do what he did.

Again, lame excuse and he probably used that to gain sympathy (lame way to do things). But let's not go jumping on other posters and start saying things like that. Threads have been getting deleted left and right lately because people get so wound up easily.

And no I'm not blaming the victim, so please do not proceed to verbally pile on me. I actually forgot this case because it's been so long.

Yes her spending was written about in the books I read...not sure whether it was true or not? Either way of course...should not have led to her death. It has been written as well that Scotti did not want children and was not happy in their marriage. His sister's book was very interesting reading. Scott's mother has major problems...gave most of her children up...except for Scott the favored son. He was spoiled rotten. If you ever read the book one will understand why Scott is the way he is. His Mother gave up her children like someone gives up a hobby...no backward glance. Very cold woman.

Those who are saying Love Roses is blaming the victim are reading something into her post that isn't there.

The truth is that men often do handle stress differently than women. Women tend to reach out and seek support, while men tend to look for escape--through sports for example. Some less principled men will do as she mentioned...gamble, drink,etc.

The difference is that Scott Peterson is an amoral sociopath which led him to act as he did. Nowhere did Love Roses say Laci deserved to be murdered as others have implied.

Thanks for the post Croemer. I think I'll try to watch the interview.

Valued Contributor

The promo for Geraldo's show on Scott talks about the cushy life he has on Death Row. I hope that isn't true. Life on DR should not be cushy or even comfortable.

Someone mentioned his mother died. Is that true?

Super Contributor

I thought so, as it's stuck in my head. Smiley Happy That would also speak to the definitiveness of his PLAN to orchestrate the disappearance/death of said wife. I would think that it would be evidence to that if they could establish with some degree of certainty that he actually DID say that stuff to her.

This would pretty much kill the notion that maybe an accident happened or maybe it wasn't murder one.

The autopsy also revealed that Laci had several broken ribs which were not the result of the body being dragged over rocks, etc.

Sydney brought up a good point about the time of death never being determined but since Laci disappeared on Christmas Eve it's pretty certain that would have been the day of her death.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I may dvr it. Undecided. (Because I don't watch Fox and I will get upset and mad when I see how Scott has it made in jail, while Lacey and their baby will never have a life!). I used to be able to watch Nancy Grace too, and all these tragic news stories, but just cant take it anymore how criminals get free everything while victims families suffer.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Why isn't this MONSTER dead already? Sickening piece of human garbage doesn't deserve to take another breath.
Trees are the lungs of the Earth